• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stop trying to stop my plans. Edit

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies
Dh started this business. He gets donations(clothing, dishes, furnature) and he gets no money out of this. This lady we helped out 10 times within a6 month period messaged me on fb, asked to come look for her niece. I told her that dh isn't here and I work at 5. She then said it will only take 10 minutes so you wont be late. When can I come? I explained to get that I have 2 kids and no sitter when he gets back from doing a errand then you can. I'll let you know. She wouldn't take that for an answer so she said, well I have something to do at 4 today so can you hurry up. I said, if you told us a day ago then he wouldn't went anywhere. I'm sorry but I'll let you know or set up a time with us and that will be your time to come. I can't schedule my schedule around yours. She got pissed and said you suppose to work around my schedule and that your a donation center. I told her we can also refuse service to rude people, if you still want to come today I'll let you know when he is back and when you can come look. She said okay thanks.

Seriously, I hate being rude to people but I can't drag my kids out in the cold and get them sick. Dh knows I can't help unless they are in school. Urgh

Edit: we do have it posted that we are opened monday and Wednesday from noon to 4. Tuesday and Friday from 8 to 2. Weekends are call only, if available we will be opened.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2016 at 3:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 3:09 PM
Just because she didn't like hearing what you had to say, doesn't mean you were being rude. You were being assertive because she wasn't getting it and she was becoming demanding, that's the best thing to do in this situation. Be open and honest so that she has a clear understating and hopefully she won't do it again
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 3:13 PM

It was unprofessional of you to talk about your own work schedule or kid situation.  Just say dh is unavailable at this time but he will call to set up an appointment with her.  If she asks about your schedule then say you have another committment and aren't available. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2016 at 3:40 PM
How? All I said is that I work at 5 and don't have a sitter.

Quoting Anonymous 3:

It was unprofessional of you to talk about your own work schedule or kid situation.  Just say dh is unavailable at this time but he will call to set up an appointment with her.  If she asks about your schedule then say you have another committment and aren't available. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 3:42 PM
Why even give her an explanation and stay on arguing with her? Next time all you need to do is take a name and number and have your husband return the call.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 3:43 PM

Annoying. You weren't rude.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 3:44 PM
You told her tmi that isn't any of her damn business.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 3:44 PM

If this is your husband's business, why are you dealing with clients?

mojogirl
by Ouiser Boudreaux on Jan. 31, 2016 at 3:51 PM
1 mom liked this
You know it's not the chilly temperature that causes illness, right?

In regards to the woman, she sounds like what happens when you feed stray animals. They just keep coming back and want more and more.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2016 at 4:00 PM
He doesn't check his fb messages.

Quoting Anonymous 7:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 4:02 PM

That's not your problem. If he has a FB account for his business, he needs to manage it.

Quoting Anonymous 1: He doesn't check his fb messages.
Quoting Anonymous 7:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)