Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 year old party on a budget...HELP

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 38 Replies
DD is almost 2. Her bday I late feb. I'm on a very tight budget. It can't be held outside because its still cold here. Chuck e cheese isn't an option. She is terrified. My house isn't an option. We are only allowed 3 visitors at a time. 5 kids is who will be invited. Mostly boys (co workers kids) any advice or ANYTHING??? We didn't do a party last year.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2016 at 3:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 4:01 PM
1 mom liked this
McDonald's that has a play place.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2016 at 4:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Didnt know they allowed that

Quoting Anonymous 2: McDonald's that has a play place.
DallasCowboys81
by Don't live in Texas! on Jan. 31, 2016 at 4:13 PM
Maybe a church? Or some place local that has a gym not being used?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 4:13 PM
1 mom liked this

She is 2. Dont worry too much about it. Invite 3 kids and be done with it. Cake and ice cream and its done. She is only 2. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2016 at 4:14 PM
3 kids would be allowed. Parents wouldn't. And they have to be checked in/checked out by security...no getting around that

Quoting Anonymous 3:

She is 2. Dont worry too much about it. Invite 3 kids and be done with it. Cake and ice cream and its done. She is only 2. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 4:14 PM
Yeah they do party's they have a certain amount on how which party theme cost.none is under the water which is $12 a person another one can't remember is $12 a person the other two is $15 dollars a person if you want they're cake its an extra $15. I would just buy a small cake or get a snack size blizzards for the kids. But your also spending money on the food also.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Didnt know they allowed that

Quoting Anonymous 2: McDonald's that has a play place.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 4:16 PM

Quoting Anonymous 1: 3 kids would be allowed. Parents wouldn't. And they have to be checked in/checked out by security...no getting around that
Quoting Anonymous 3:

Then I would just do 1 little friend. She wont remember any of this. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 4:17 PM
I would just have a fun day worth her. Maybe take the 6 kids to get ice cream at a fast food place that has an indoor playground
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 4:18 PM

Don't have a party.  To be perfectly honest as a coworker I hate being invited and feeling obligated to attend.  Your 2 year old won't know or care if she has a party.  Decorate the table and serve her favourite meal and a cake for just your family.

ejkdmom
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 4:19 PM
When my boy was 3, we held a party at an ice cream place. They each got a scoop of ice cream in a bowl and then at the tables were toppings. They got to make their own. I also printed out pictures for them to color and spread them out on the table as a tablecloth. It was short, sweet, and he loved it.

I also was in full mommy-has-to-do-it-all mode and I made the invitations out of construction paper cut into ice cream cones and hand wrote the invites.

ETA, he doesn't remember it. If your money is that tight I'd skip it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)