• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I could be sitting on my a** doing nothing, but I'm not. So leave me alone.

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2016 at 3:37 PM
  • 9 Replies
1 mom liked this

A friend and I started going to the gym together once in a while. We are both wanting to lose weight. I thought it would be nice to have someone to work out with. Boy was I wrong. She keeps making little comments about how I'm doing things, or what I should be doing and its bugging me.  I may not be doing things the most effective way and no I'm not pushing myself the the max, I dont want to. I'm not in a hurry to lose weight and I dont have nearly as much to lose as she does. I'm doing this at a comfortable pace for me. I could be sitting on my ass eating oreos, but I'm not. I'm up and moving and that is what matters.

Rant over. 

by on Jan. 31, 2016 at 3:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 4:11 PM
Lol. I agree. I sit on my ass all day before I had kids and eat all kinds of junk food while my skinny friends call them self's fat. I'm like over like bitch what do you have to lose?. Lol.
ivegotrhythm
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 4:14 PM
I wish I had someone to go to the gym with.
TinkTink205
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 4:14 PM
Lol. Bossy people.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 4:22 PM
My husband is the same way. I can't do proper squats. I physically cant, I just don't go that way. Apparently I do a plié instead and that's wrong. We do some work outs like those at home with the kids. It's fun.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 4:27 PM
If you can't do them properly you shouldn't bother doing then you can hurt yourself. Although I'm trying to figure how your knees go out like that from ring to sit in a squat

Quoting Anonymous 2: My husband is the same way. I can't do proper squats. I physically cant, I just don't go that way. Apparently I do a plié instead and that's wrong. We do some work outs like those at home with the kids. It's fun.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 4:47 PM
I don't bother. I did it a few times while he was trying to explain it to me. I had to hold on to the table for balance. It is really easy for me. I have a strange kind of flexibility. I can't reach down and touch my toes, or sit with my legs straight out and reach my toes, but I can get both of my feet behind my head or put my feet flat against each other tight up against me and have my thighs completely on the floor. Dh says its because you use different muscles for that and that I need to work on doing those stretches the 'right' way. I do, because I want to be able to do more work outs. It's very hard though. I don't have the balance to lower myself with my knees close together. I have to turn my legs outward. I fall back trying to squat.

Quoting Anonymous 3: If you can't do them properly you shouldn't bother doing then you can hurt yourself. Although I'm trying to figure how your knees go out like that from ring to sit in a squat

Quoting Anonymous 2: My husband is the same way. I can't do proper squats. I physically cant, I just don't go that way. Apparently I do a plié instead and that's wrong. We do some work outs like those at home with the kids. It's fun.
ilovemykids323
by Emerald Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 4:49 PM

i'd either tell her to zip it or i'd start going to the gym by myself.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 4:51 PM

That bugs me too. I quit working out with my dh because he is guilty of offering "helpful" hints. Grrrrrrr!!!

mojogirl
by Ouiser Boudreaux on Jan. 31, 2016 at 5:18 PM

what a sucky workout partner. next time she wants to go tell her you'd rather sit at home and eat oreos. at least the oreos aren't judgmental.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)