Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone getting harassed at work?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies

I just filed a complaint with HR. I work for a large tech company. This guy, who is in a wheelchair, has been rolling into my office every day asking me to lunch or out on a date. I kept telling him, "NO, I am married" but he is relentless. He makes inappropriate comments about my body. This morning he started yelling at me because I once again turned him down. He said that I won't go out with him because he is in a wheelchair. I told him that even if I was single I wouldn't go out with him because he is an asshole.

I have heard from several women in my group that they have had similar experiences with this guy. The woman I spoke with in HR told me that she has had several "off the record" complaints for years on this guy and I am the first woman to put it in a formal complaint.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2016 at 4:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TinkTink205
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 5:01 PM
Good for you. I hate when people act like jerks and then blame it on something else. This girl was always mean to me. I called her out on it once and she started yelling at me and saying nasty things. She cried to df saying her Dad diedf when she was young and I shouldn't treat her that way. I'm sorry she lost her Dad. It had nothing at all to do with our argument though.
fairymaid23
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 5:19 PM
1 mom liked this
Honestly id get a nanny cam n face it where the door n where he usually goes in ur office n record him. Then take it to hr
SleepingBeautee
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 5:21 PM

This!

Also Good on you for filing a report on this creep. The other women should have too. They don't get that there has to be a paper trail for him to get fired. They can't just fire him without proof. The more women that file reports, the easier it is for them to fire him.

Quoting fairymaid23: Honestly id get a nanny cam n face it where the door n where he usually goes in ur office n record him. Then take it to hr

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 5:23 PM
I agree with then nanny cam.
fairymaid23
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 5:25 PM
Yea exactly! N just cuz hes in a wheelchair doesn't mean it gives him a pass on being a jerkoff

Quoting SleepingBeautee:

This!

Also Good on you for filing a report on this creep. The other women should have too. They don't get that there has to be a paper trail for him to get fired. They can't just fire him without proof. The more women that file reports, the easier it is for them to fire him.

Quoting fairymaid23: Honestly id get a nanny cam n face it where the door n where he usually goes in ur office n record him. Then take it to hr

Bubelah
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 5:27 PM

Quoting Anonymous 1:

I just filed a complaint with HR. I work for a large tech company. This guy, who is in a wheelchair, has been rolling into my office every day asking me to lunch or out on a date. I kept telling him, "NO, I am married" but he is relentless. He makes inappropriate comments about my body. This morning he started yelling at me because I once again turned him down. He said that I won't go out with him because he is in a wheelchair. I told him that even if I was single I wouldn't go out with him because he is an asshole.

I have heard from several women in my group that they have had similar experiences with this guy. The woman I spoke with in HR told me that she has had several "off the record" complaints for years on this guy and I am the first woman to put it in a formal complaint.

Bubelah
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 5:28 PM

This would fix his creepy ass!

mojogirl
by Ouiser Boudreaux on Jan. 31, 2016 at 5:31 PM

forget the nanny cam! just pull out your phone and start recording every time he gets near you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2016 at 6:14 PM
1 mom liked this

It's like she is playing the "dead daddy" card. It's her get out of jail free card. Losing your dad is no excuse for being a jerk to you.

Quoting TinkTink205: Good for you. I hate when people act like jerks and then blame it on something else. This girl was always mean to me. I called her out on it once and she started yelling at me and saying nasty things. She cried to df saying her Dad diedf when she was young and I shouldn't treat her that way. I'm sorry she lost her Dad. It had nothing at all to do with our argument though.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2016 at 6:18 PM

I will definitely record him on my phone if he comes in my office again. He really has no business purpose being on my floor anyway. I told HR that. My group takes up the entire floor and we have no interaction with his group. I also mentioned that he must not have that much work to do since he is up on my floor trolling for dates all day. The HR rep loved that comment and said she would address it with his director. LOL!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)