• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Budget vacations

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
Antoine stay at a smaller hotel in Mexico and survived? I found a trip unset 1,000 for 2 adults.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2016 at 4:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 4:42 PM
I'd just look at the reviews on tripadvisor for that particular hotel. There are places in Mexico where it would be extremely dangerous and other places it would be amazing.
KaylinC03
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 4:43 PM
What part of Mexico?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 4:44 PM
You get what you pay for. I would never pay that little for a trip to Mexico.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 4:47 PM
Yikes, don't go to Mexico unless you can afford a safe resort
MamaSteph05
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 4:51 PM
Don't! Not to Mexico. Budget vacation anywhere else but be smart with Mexico.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2016 at 4:51 PM
Cancun. I'd rather not pay for fancy bedding and just get a regular hotel.

Quoting KaylinC03: What part of Mexico?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 4:54 PM

Mexico isn't a place where I'd try to cut corners.  I have a dear friend who went this past year for a work function.  They were in an upper end hotel and she still ended up with a nasty, horrible gastro-intestinal parasite.  Her doctors (back at home) struggled to get a handle on it and it needed up being a very serious situation for several weeks.  "Cheap" in a less developed country just isn't a good option.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2016 at 4:57 PM
I've traveled to many 3rd world countries and have stayed at lesser quality hotels. Ones that locals could afford. I'm not afraid of parasites. More afraid of the drug lords.

Quoting Anonymous 5:

Mexico isn't a place where I'd try to cut corners.  I have a dear friend who went this past year for a work function.  They were in an upper end hotel and she still ended up with a nasty, horrible gastro-intestinal parasite.  Her doctors (back at home) struggled to get a handle on it and it needed up being a very serious situation for several weeks.  "Cheap" in a less developed country just isn't a good option.

MamaSteph05
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 4:59 PM
Cartels are why I say no. When you pay more you are also paying for security and nor just a room with fancy sheets.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I've traveled to many 3rd world countries and have stayed at lesser quality hotels. Ones that locals could afford. I'm not afraid of parasites. More afraid of the drug lords.

Quoting Anonymous 5:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 6:56 PM

Yeah well she "wasn't afraid of parasites" either . . . . Until she was in the hospital, not responding to treatments.  Dead is dead, whether from drug lords or food-borne illness.  

Quoting Anonymous 1: I've traveled to many 3rd world countries and have stayed at lesser quality hotels. Ones that locals could afford. I'm not afraid of parasites. More afraid of the drug lords.
Quoting Anonymous 5:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)