• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How did this happen in one month?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies
On January 9th, I took my kids to my parents house for dinner. My husband begged off, said he wasn't feeling good. My parents ended up keeping the kids overnight and I drove home early to go take care of my husband. I found him in bed with another woman. We had a huge fight, I packed a bag, and went to stay with my parents.

I've decided I will be filing for divorce. I'm just done. I can't look at him the same way, and I'm not going to continue to stay with a piece of shit like him.

He's mad and can't understand why. He's offered therapy and counseling, which if this was a one time thing I might have tried, but he planned to invite her to our house, to fuck her in our bed, and it wasn't the first time. He consciously, continuously, cheated on me.

I'm staying in my parent's guest house with the kids, I went to the old house to pick up a few more things and he was there. I told him what I'd decided and he's absolutely furious. He grabbed me and shook me and shoved me against a wall, screaming in my face. My brother had come with me and was just waiting in the car, he came in when he heard the yelling.

My soon to be ex husband is now sitting in jail for assault.

It's been less than a month since I found out about his cheating, and I went from a happily married woman to a woman who is divorcing her husband. He went from a good guy to a cheating, abusive bastard. It's amazing how much things can change in so little time.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2016 at 4:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SleepingBeautee
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 4:53 PM
4 moms liked this

Glad your brother was there to save you. Make him a special dinner.

As for your husband, be done...completely. File a restraining order and move on. It is hard, but best for you.

Many blessings for you and your kids.

TotallyWarped
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 4:53 PM
1 mom liked this
He was a cheating bastard before then. You just didn't know. Good for you leaving his lying ass!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2016 at 4:55 PM
1 mom liked this
My brother kind of pushed his way into coming with me, and I'm extremely thankful for him. I've already promised him and his wife free baby sitting :)

I am going to be done. Thank you.

Quoting SleepingBeautee:

Glad your brother was there to save you. Make him a special dinner.

As for your husband, be done...completely. File a restraining order and move on. It is hard, but best for you.

Many blessings for you and your kids.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2016 at 4:55 PM
Well that's true. He was. It's been going on for several months.

Quoting TotallyWarped: He was a cheating bastard before then. You just didn't know. Good for you leaving his lying ass!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 4:56 PM
There might have been signs all along that you didn't notice. Sometimes we over look the flaws in a person because we love them until something bad happens and then it all adds up. I'm sorry that you are going through this. Be glad that you and your children are not around him anymore.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 4:57 PM
1 mom liked this
Yay! Now you get to start a real life instead of one blinded by deceit. How exciting!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2016 at 4:58 PM
I'm not quite at that point yet, I'm still trying to pick up the pieces of my life.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Yay! Now you get to start a real life instead of one blinded by deceit. How exciting!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2016 at 4:59 PM
I keep thinking about that, trying to see what it was that I missed, but I honestly can't pinpoint anything and I've wracked my brain. I knew he had a temper, but he's never been physically violent with anyone that I know of, he just works out normally when he's upset.

I am glad that I know now.

Quoting Anonymous 2: There might have been signs all along that you didn't notice. Sometimes we over look the flaws in a person because we love them until something bad happens and then it all adds up. I'm sorry that you are going through this. Be glad that you and your children are not around him anymore.
PinkButterfly66
by Sapphire Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 5:04 PM

Hire the best lawyer in town.  Take the POS for everything you can.  Make sure he has nothing left to spend on his mistress.  

Americanwoman3
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 5:10 PM
Although my husband isn't physically abusive he was a cheater. I say was because I believe he has been faithful for the last almost 14 yrs now. We have been together 25yrs but only been married 14yrs come March 29th. I can say although I believe he is faithful there is always that lack of trust which can still cause problems. He is a great dad to our 3 children and has always provided for us. It hasn't been easy by no means and there have many tears cried but I love my husband and have enjoyed growing from young fearless teenagers to grown ups raising grown ups! Now you have to stay strong and stand up for yourself because all though I'm happy now it was a rough bumpy ride getting here and there is no way in hell I would ever stay if he put his hands on me! Good luck!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)