Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

did the state FORCE these idiots to take custody?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies
I was ready yet another story of a child who was murdered by her dad and stepmother. Mackenzie Maisin.

When the state removes these kids from their mothers are they forcing these dad's to take them although it seems they don't want them?

She and her sister were being starved.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2016 at 5:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2016 at 5:26 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2016 at 5:30 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2016 at 5:33 PM
Bump
handy0318
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 5:39 PM

Their mother had lost custody in 2013. The fact that their father was also an unfit parent went under the radar.

Abusing one or two children while treating other children is a classic pattern of abuse. I doubt the state forced them to take the girls...abuse is usually about power, not spite.

Unfortunately, Makayla and Mackenzie didn't have any parent who cared for them. So tragic.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2016 at 6:06 PM
Do they even evaluate the other parent?

Like damn

Quoting handy0318:

Their mother had lost custody in 2013. The fact that their father was also an unfit parent went under the radar.

Abusing one or two children while treating other children is a classic pattern of abuse. I doubt the state forced them to take the girls...abuse is usually about power, not spite.

Unfortunately, Makayla and Mackenzie didn't have any parent who cared for them. So tragic.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2016 at 6:33 PM
Then the moms ALWAYS show up.

Quoting handy0318:

handy0318
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 6:36 PM

Probably not. Unless someone had previously accused the father as being abusive or neglectful or he had prior convictions of serious crimes, there really would be no reason to. 

We had a case local to us where the child was taken from his father's custody because his father did a lot of drugs and alcohol and placed with his mom and stepdad. Then the boy disappeared and the mom and stepdad were all over the nightly news crying and asking for volunteers to help find the boy... whom they had murdered and dumped in a canal. 

For all the crap that CPS and foster care gets, especially around here, people forget that there are so many kids...too many... that have crap  for parents.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Do they even evaluate the other parent? Like damn
Quoting handy0318:

Moniker
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 6:42 PM

No they don't. It's like a dangerous intersection when someone has to die before a traffic light is installed, they have to do something monstrous to the child first. A family law attorney told me that.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Do they even evaluate the other parent? Like damn
Quoting handy0318:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2016 at 6:44 PM
How sad

Quoting handy0318:

Probably not. Unless someone had previously accused the father as being abusive or neglectful or he had prior convictions of serious crimes, there really would be no reason to. 

We had a case local to us where the child was taken from his father's custody because his father did a lot of drugs and alcohol and placed with his mom and stepdad. Then the boy disappeared and the mom and stepdad were all over the nightly news crying and asking for volunteers to help find the boy... whom they had murdered and dumped in a canal. 

For all the crap that CPS and foster care gets, especially around here, people forget that there are so many kids...too many... that have crap  for parents.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Do they even evaluate the other parent?

Like damn

Quoting handy0318:

ihave1
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 6:45 PM
So heart breaking
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)