Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Next time I am just going to leave with whoever is ready

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
Dh and I have six kids. No matter how early o get them moving before we need to be there we are always late. At least one of them takes their sweet time. Dh is a slow poke too. Drives me bonkers.

This morning before church three of the kids and I were ready to go super early. Church starts at 9:45. We need to leave by 9:15. We walked out the door at 9:20. Did I mention this drives me bonkers?

Now we have somewhere to be at 5. Two of the kids are still messing around and DH suddenly had to poop. Thinking about taking the four that are ready and he can follow.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2016 at 5:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 5:42 PM

I would take the ones that are ready and let him follow with the other 2. 

I actually did that a couple times and the kids were ready to go when I told them I was walking out the door after that. One missed one of her softball games because she kept messing around and when she was finally ready the game had already started and I told too bad I wasn't make the drive all the way out there just to turn around and come home 30 minutes later. She never missed another game.

cutebaby06
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 5:45 PM

If you have to go to the bathroom, you have to go, you can't program when you have to go, and big whoop, you left 5 minutes late.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2016 at 5:48 PM
I don't know how things work for you. But for us we leave in time to be there 10 minutes early. Leaving five minutes late means the drive takes twice as long and it makes us late for church.

Quoting cutebaby06:

If you have to go to the bathroom, you have to go, you can't program when you have to go, and big whoop, you left 5 minutes late.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2016 at 5:49 PM
I don't know how things work for you. But for us we leave in time to be there 10 minutes early. Leaving five minutes late means the drive takes twice as long and it makes us late for church.

Quoting cutebaby06:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 5:51 PM
Is he a long pooper?
cutebaby06
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 5:52 PM

And heaven forbid you're late for chhurch, let me guess you live like 5 minutes away but like to be the first ones there right?

Quoting Anonymous 1: I don't know how things work for you. But for us we leave in time to be there 10 minutes early. Leaving five minutes late means the drive takes twice as long and it makes us late for church.
Quoting cutebaby06:

tclaurend
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 5:55 PM
I'm the exact same as you, and DH is like your family. Drives me nuts! How in the heck can I (a girl with a lot more to do to get ready) get myself and DS (6 months) ready, and DH is still running behind?! And everytime were about to leave, I'll say "were walking out the door now" and he will say "I have to use the restroom really quick". Makes me crazy!

Rosehawk
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 6:06 PM

I do. It takes me X long to get me ready. It takes me Y long to get the toddler ready. Everyone else can either be ready to go, or get left behind. The others are 12 and almost 9.

My husband is notorious for getting up to get ready to go AS I'm walking out the door. Then, he gets pissy that I leave without him.

Melbornj
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 6:10 PM
I have 6 kids and I will not tolerate late. They are given a time 15 minutes before we are supposed to leave and if they are not ready then they are in big trouble.
Butterfly1108
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 6:11 PM

Why don't you put an hour early than the time you actually have to be there, they won't know the difference that way you can always be early or on time ;)

family in the van

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)