Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

no I am NOT sending daughters old clothes over to your house for your step daughter

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 38 Replies
my ex and I have a 9 year old daughter together. He pays child support and sees her one weekend a month. And that's his choice. He lives 4 hours away but the judge said that he could have two weekends a month but the second weekend he would have to do all the driving. Basically it's not worth the time to him so he doesn't.

he recently called me and asked me what I do with daughters clothes when they don't fit her. I told him that usually I put them away since I have a younger daughter. But sometimes I pass them off to my cousins and the ratty stuff I usually Send to goodwill.

he said that he wants all of her hand me downs this year because he has a step daughter who is only two years younger than daughter. Things his daughter would be able to wear them. I told him no. I buy her clothes so I get to decide what is done with them windshield grows up. He pointed out that he pays child support and child support cover some of the clothes. I reminded him that he only pays $280 a month. He is barely covering his share of her living expenses let alone clothes. I also told him that if he says one more word about it I will send other with the clothes on her back to his house And he'll have to go buy her clothes for his house. Since nothing is stated in the court order about that I could easily do that. As a courtesy I have always sent over what she needs. not 10 minutes after I got off the phone with him his wife called me yelling that the least I could do is give her daughter my daughter's hand-me-downs since my daughter getting child support is why her husband can't pay for new clothes for her. I told her that that's not my problem and that the matter is her daughter is not even my ex's so its not really even his job to buy her clothes. Certainly not to the point where I should have to

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2016 at 6:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2016 at 6:13 PM
Bump
81Crystal
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 6:16 PM
1 mom liked this
If I were you, I'd buy some cheap tees and jeans for her to wear when she's at her dad's. Your ex sounds like the type who would refuse to let her carry things home.
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Jan. 31, 2016 at 6:17 PM

This can't be real.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 6:18 PM
No, no, no, and no. I don't blame you one bit.
Mrs.Elsey8486
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 6:19 PM
3 moms liked this
Whatever with the clothes thats your choice, but why send ratty clothes to goodwill. Why not just through them out if they are ratty? I would never donate ratty clothes to something like that. That is messed up imo.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2016 at 6:20 PM
Well since his wife decided to call me about it and push the issue now she will only go with the clothes on her back. By the time she goes again she probably won't even need a winter coat because we live in Florida. So I won't have to worry about that. I will probably send her in the sum of her less nice things that are a little bit more worn than others

Quoting 81Crystal: If I were you, I'd buy some cheap tees and jeans for her to wear when she's at her dad's. Your ex sounds like the type who would refuse to let her carry things home.
momto2boys3215
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 6:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Its not. A very similar post was made a week ago.  trolls love attention though. 

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

This can't be real.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 6:22 PM

No, you don't have to give them her hand me downs, but really...why not? It's no problem for you and I would simply do it out of good will. Even if he has been a pain in the a** in the past show that you can rise above that. 

I would do it. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2016 at 6:23 PM
By ready I mean something that I wouldn't put my consent. And something I wouldn't send to my niece. none of it is stained or has holes in it or anything. Maybe just a little bit faded or something like that. I don't give my Younget daughter or my cousin's daughter clothes that don't look new Because both my cousin and I can afford to buy our kids Close. Is it a nice one some of my daughters old things look good and can be reused yes but if its not its okay. However some people don't have the choice and inexpensive clothes that are a little bit worn Are a good help to them.

Quoting Mrs.Elsey8486: Whatever with the clothes thats your choice, but why send ratty clothes to goodwill. Why not just through them out if they are ratty? I would never donate ratty clothes to something like that. That is messed up imo.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2016 at 6:24 PM
But it is a problem for me. If the clothes are still in good condition I will either save them for my younger daughter or pass them along to my cousin's daughter. I mean I might consider sending the Ratty stuff over that I would just give to Goodwill but not the good stuff that he wants

Quoting Anonymous 3:

No, you don't have to give them her hand me downs, but really...why not? It's no problem for you and I would simply do it out of good will. Even if he has been a pain in the a** in the past show that you can rise above that. 

I would do it. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)