• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dinner problems

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
My almost 4 y/o ds has suddenly decided dinner is the worst thing. I've tried doing the "if you eat it, you can have ______" and making him sit until he eats something. Anyone ever tried anything else. I don't know what's with the sudden change and he'll even cry when he's told he has to eat.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2016 at 6:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
smorgan865
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 6:17 PM
I don't fight or bribe. You don't eat dinner, you don't get anything else. They won't starve.
KendallsMommee
by Spoiled SAHM on Jan. 31, 2016 at 6:18 PM
I wouldn't force it.

He won't starve.
Teeshann
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 6:19 PM

my 3 year old isn't a big eater. if she says she isn't hungry then she doesn't have to eat. i will fix her a plate and put it to the side till she does say she is hungry. once she is hungry i reheat her food and she gets her dinner. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2016 at 6:21 PM
Quoting Teeshann:

my 3 year old isn't a big eater. if she says she isn't hungry then she doesn't have to eat. i will fix her a plate and put it to the side till she does say she is hungry. once she is hungry i reheat her food and she gets her dinner. 

It's weird because he'll eat the rest of the day but he always tells me dinner is gross.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 6:21 PM
Don't force him to eat. Don't try to bribe him to eat. Make a plate, have him sit at the table with the rest of the family, and put his plate in the fridge after everybody's finished. If he says he's hungry later, reheat his dinner plate. He's not going to starve.
mommyof11050307
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 6:23 PM
My 3yo has it in her head she only wants tacos and hotdogs. She can eat what I make or go hungry. Nothing has changed in how I make my food.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momto2boys3215
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 6:25 PM

my youngest was / is like that.  I just make sure he eats well all day long.  If her refuses dinner oh well, he will have breakfast tomorrow. 

PinkButterfly66
by Sapphire Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 6:27 PM

Don't make dinner a battle.  If he's not hungry, then let him get down.  Always make something that he likes.  Don't force him to eat anything, but encourage him to try one bite of new foods.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)