• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

talk about entitlement, jeez!!!!!

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2016 at 6:19 PM
  • 7 Replies

whenever I read posts about people making absurd demands for money or favors, I always wonder if it isn't just a little exaggerated, no one can be that demanding right? wrong, wrong, wrong....

dhs best friend, J, just called to ask if he could borrow our truck tomorrow for work, which we're fine with, but dh asked why? 

2 weeks ago, js truck engine blew and he'd been using his moms car until he gets his tax return to get a new truck. Now, Js mom and stepdad are both on disability, so neither works, they recieve food stamps. J pays the rest of their bills, he pays for the car, their lights, gas, extra groceries, ect..and has for the last year. 

Well, today Js stepdad called and asked for money, 200.00 and he wouldn't say why. J asked him when he needed it, his step dad said now. J told him, I don't have it now, can it wait until Friday when I get paid? His stepdad flipped shit, called him an ungrateful bastard for refusing to give him money while J is using their vehicle "free of charge" mind you J makes the car payment and keeps gas in it. his mom and stepdad came over and took back the car, leaving J no way to get to work. 

Luckily, we don't need our truck very often and he's welcome to use it, but he is PISSED. he told his mom, I love you, but don't ever ask me for one goddamn cent ever again!!! she started crying, asking how she's going To pay her bills. I'd say get up off your ass and get a job, you hurt your foot 10 years ago and milk it for all it's worth. 

im all for people getting help when they need it but that is the most disgusting thing I've heard in a while. J is 1000 x better as a person than me, I wouldn't have given them money from day one. 

by on Jan. 31, 2016 at 6:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Mrs.Elsey8486
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 6:22 PM
Wow. I would cut them off, f that shit. Bet they change their attitude when they realize how much he really is doing for them.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 6:25 PM
Bet they'll be feeling it when he stops paying their stuff. I don't blame him one bit for cutting them off. They should be overjoyed by the fact that they have such a great son who is willing to help them out in that way.
TinkTink205
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 6:28 PM
Yep. That's wrong.
ShaMac
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 6:28 PM
Poor guy. Sounds like he won't be taken advantage of anymore. They shouldn't have bitten the hand that feeds them.
Teeshann
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 6:31 PM

ya i'd stop making payments on the car and stop putting gas in it. when they complain i'd inform them that i'm not allowed to use it so why would i pay for it. they think i'm using it free of charge so if that's true i shouldn't be putting any money towards it at all.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 6:32 PM
Yeah... my dh mother is like that. To the point that she stole money from our son....

She actually told us that we owe her and should pay her back by giving her money.... because she gave birth to dh and put him through private school.... apparently we have to reimburse her for that.
bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Jan. 31, 2016 at 8:55 PM
Oh hell no! What assholes!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)