Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just being a whinea**

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2016 at 6:40 PM
  • 20 Replies

So the short back story is that on the 18th I got sick. Cold/flu type sickness.  5 days later I was dx'd with two ear infections, strep throat, and pink eye. I got antibiotics for a week and never felt much better.

It is now day 13, tomorrow 2 weeks, my throat is in so much pain. I don't have strep anymore (unless it came back) but I guess he told me last time it was my insane nose problems, I've steady had the grossest fullest nose problem since day 1 - stuffy and runny and it's backing up into my ear canal, I still do not have hearing in one ear it's clogged af. And it's backing into my throat causing severe pain, I suspect especially at night since it's drying all down my throat since I can only breathe threw my mouth.

I am feeling beat. I just wish it could go away. I've probably consumed enough ibuprofen this past 2 weeks to kill me. At least 2000 mg a day. :( I just want my life back to normal. Ibuprofen, green tea, cough drops, only dent the pain or mask it for a bit but it always returns not much later.

I am calling my dr. again first thing tomorrow to bitch at them. I doubt anything will be done but whatever. I haven't been able to get any nose/decongestant meds either yet so I don't know if that will work.

by on Jan. 31, 2016 at 6:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Jan. 31, 2016 at 6:42 PM
Have you tried gargling with Apple cider vinegar and warm water? It was the only thing that helped my sore throat. I used about 1TB acv and warm water.
Hope you feel better soon.
Merry-Jane
by on Jan. 31, 2016 at 6:44 PM

Eh I wish I had some to try lol. I don't, only plan vinegar. I will get some asap though since I am likely grocery shopping tomorrow anyway.

Thanks

It's just, I can do all of this stuff to get rid of the pain but it just keeps coming back now for weeks. ugh

Quoting ColtsFan1912: Have you tried gargling with Apple cider vinegar and warm water? It was the only thing that helped my sore throat. I used about 1TB acv and warm water. Hope you feel better soon.

happyolechimp
by vera on Jan. 31, 2016 at 6:49 PM
you maybe could try a humidifier with eucalyptus oil
blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Jan. 31, 2016 at 6:50 PM
Aw I'm sorry hun :(

I hope you feel better soon!!🌺
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Jan. 31, 2016 at 6:50 PM

Run a humidifier. It'll help a lot.

Merry-Jane
by on Jan. 31, 2016 at 6:52 PM

I don't have one. I don't know anyone with one either. I can justify going out and dropping 30 bucks on one right now. I can't even get myself meds at the moment. Gah. =/ I'll keep this in mind though.

Quoting OwlNuggets:

Run a humidifier. It'll help a lot.

mmm2015
by Eldouchedegrande on Jan. 31, 2016 at 6:53 PM

have you tried Ocean? All it is is a saline nose spray to clear out the nose.

My DH got it after his nose surgery a few years ago.

Now we both swear by it. I am so amazed at how well saline works!

I hope you feel better soon.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 6:55 PM
The government did it. Probably too much fake moon.
by Baby Mama on Jan. 31, 2016 at 6:55 PM
Feel better Merry j 💚 . Probably not smoking much huh?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 6:55 PM

Do you smoke cigarettes?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)