Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cleaned out my house

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 2 Replies
After Christmas I cleaned out the kids toys and clothes to make room for the new stuff. I didn't donate anything yet because I always wait a few weeks to add to or subtract from the pile. I also offer stuff up to friends first too.
So today I finally loaded everything on the car to drop at Salvation Army. First I went to a friend's house to drop off some of the stuff she wanted.
I never ended up making it to Salvation Army. I was gone 4 hours and came home with a Barbie dream house. My friend gave it to my DD because she was playing with it and they were going to get rid of it since they just bought her daughter a new one. (The one given to me was given to them by another friend)
DH says that kind of thing never happens to anyone else but me. So ladies do you leave to go donate stuff, stop by a friend's house and return home hours later never having reached you destination? Or am I aline here.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2016 at 6:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 6:47 PM

I've done that too.  I loaded up boxes of crap for the thrift store before Christmas, but then my grandma called and needed help with something so I never made it to St. Vincent de Paul store before they closed that evening.  Problem was, the next day was Sunday and they were closed and my husband had planned to use our van to take his parents and our kids to see the Christmas lights so he had to unload all the boxes back into our basement.  He wasn't thrilled about it.

bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Jan. 31, 2016 at 8:53 PM
I never get to leaving the house to donate. I always post on FB first for anyone who wants anything I'm getting rid of.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)