Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ya I really grew up like that.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies
I grew up with the most racist family.
My grandfather wouldn't even allow us to watch a tv show of one black person was on it. He didn't care what it was. It was very hard. I always always at my grandparents house and at one point was forced to live with them. He was a good grandpa don't get me wrong but I wasn't even allowed to go to the moves because he didn't want a black man to sit next to me.
Now is 2016 and everything has changed. I thankfully grew up with no hate towards them. My best friend is bi racial.
There are some black people I don't like but there are people in all races I don't like.
My cousin ended up having a baby with a black man. I think that baby changed his world. He no where near as bad. If you say anythin in about his great grand baby he will now go off on you.
It's so amazing how one generation can be so different from anther. How a new generation can intact teach and older one.
I can 100% say I equally hate everyone.
Anyone else experience anything like this?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2016 at 6:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2016 at 6:55 PM
B
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2016 at 6:57 PM
U
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2016 at 6:58 PM
M
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 7:01 PM

No, my parents never said anything racist. I never even heard them use a curse word.

The black kids in my neighborhood were very racist toward us white kids. I got beat up several times just because I was white. In high school I was beaten and part of my hair was cut off by a group of racist black girls.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 7:02 PM
But black people can't be racist remember

Quoting Anonymous 2:

No, my parents never said anything racist. I never even heard them use a curse word.

The black kids in my neighborhood were very racist toward us white kids. I got beat up several times just because I was white. In high school I was beaten and part of my hair was cut off by a group of racist black girls.

Elyce225
by Emerald Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 7:04 PM

I grew up in a very racist household.

The N word was in every sentence. Black people were evil and the root of all problems. Black people were all lowly welfare scum etc.

The funny thing is is that my parents were and still are welfsre scum. They were drug dealers and are now a huge drain on society.

I dated a black man. He was a cardiology resident, a very educated, good man. My dad told me if I brought him home he'd break my knees. So I moved out. Brought him to MY home, lol.

They are still very racist but aren't as vocal about it. They are disgusting swine, that is why I rarely speak to them. It's embarrassing as fuck and I wish they would stop. I'm just glad me and my sister didn't follow in their footsteps.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2016 at 7:35 PM
Bump
boredhousewif83
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 7:39 PM
My dad's racist, but he's also an alcoholic. Nothing is going to change him. He will probably die from consumption. I have white neighbors and friends so he is rarely invited into my world. We see him when we visit my parents. He doesn't say anything racist until he gets drunk.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 7:54 PM
None of that surprises me.

Quoting Elyce225:
I grew up in a very racist household.

The N word was in every sentence. Black people were evil and the root of all problems. Black people were all lowly welfare scum etc.

The funny thing is is that my parents were and still are welfsre scum. They were drug dealers and are now a huge drain on society.

I dated a black man. He was a cardiology resident, a very educated, good man. My dad told me if I brought him home he'd break my knees. So I moved out. Brought him to MY home, lol.

They are still very racist but aren't as vocal about it. They are disgusting swine, that is why I rarely speak to them. It's embarrassing as fuck and I wish they would stop. I'm just glad me and my sister didn't follow in their footsteps.
maminka-4
by on Jan. 31, 2016 at 7:59 PM
According to my mom, my grandpa, her dad, would disowned me if I dated or married a black man. Now, I don't know if he would have. He died before I could ask him his thoughts on that.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)