Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He should be buying her presents?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 32 Replies

Yeah, my mom said my bf should be buying her presents to impress her and  get on her good side.

I was showing her the rose he got me and she said that she didnt know why he was buying me presents when he should be buying them for her to try to impress her and get on her good side!

I told her that was the dumbest thing Id ever heard! LOL! Had to share though!

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2016 at 7:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jan. 31, 2016 at 7:09 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't think DH has gotten my mother a gift outside of Christmas ever. And even the Christmas presents were things that I picked out, wrapped, shipped and just signed his name to.

So, in 18ish years DH has never once gotten my mom a gift really. It's bizarre that your mom expects gifts.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2016 at 7:11 PM

She doesnt even want me to date, she says moms dont date! So this doesnt surprise me!

Quoting Danesmommy1: I don't think DH has gotten my mother a gift outside of Christmas ever. And even the Christmas presents were things that I picked out, wrapped, shipped and just signed his name to. So, in 18ish years DH has never once gotten my mom a gift really. It's bizarre that your mom expects gifts.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 7:11 PM

Yeah, that's kind if silly of your Mom to say.  He's dating you, not her!  Has she always had this unrealistic expectation of your boyfriends?!?

corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 7:11 PM

How old are you?

oryxx31
by Captain Cook on Jan. 31, 2016 at 7:12 PM
Does she expect this from everyone, lol? Like, if you go to a new salon should your stylist be gifting her for the privilege?
Can you imagine the hallmark card to go with that?! "Love banging your daughter, here's some loot!"
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2016 at 7:13 PM

I am 35. Why?

Quoting corticosteroid:

How old are you?

lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 7:15 PM

You're mom is whacked ~~ Sorry

Spare.Time
by Emerald Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 7:17 PM

Do you live at your mom's house?

twoboysforus
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 7:18 PM

Lol...that is pretty weird of your mom to say. Although my best friend in college was a guy and one Christmas he stopped by to give me my present...some kind of dolphin sculpture. He felt bad because I lived at home so he brought my mom and my sister both 3 yellow roses wrapped in plastic because he didn't want them to feel left out. It was really a sweet gesture but it was definitely not to impress them. He was just a kind hearted guy.

OrangeBalloon
by Emerald Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 7:20 PM
Your mom is being petty.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)