Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This is what I get for shopping at the commissary....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 46 Replies

I don't normally go there because every time I do their crap is expired or rotten. I needed a couple of things and didn't have time to go to Trader Joe's. The kids needed some fruit for school so I grabbed some grapes and bananas. The grapes were "managers special" which I now know why. They were completely fresh though, so I am kind of confused as to how this happened??

..and before you all berate me, i'll do it myself. Yes, it's my fault, yes I should have removed them from the back and inspected every single grape. I am a moron lol.. No I do not have the receipt so I can't take them back.

I did look at them and they looked fine. It was right in the inside middle and right underneath. I couldn't see from looking around the bag and at the top.

This is really just a vent and I seriously won't be going back, there has not been a time I have shopped there where something I purchased wasn't spoiled. You really don't save a dime shopping there.

Part of it looks like mold, the other part looks like vomit/diarrhea. The mold doesn't bother me, I would normally toss that part. However the other part is sick and I would never give that my kids.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2016 at 7:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SergeantSausage
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 7:24 PM
Grapes aren't in season right now, so you will be lucky to find decent ones.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2016 at 7:26 PM

Quoting SergeantSausage: Grapes aren't in season right now, so you will be lucky to find decent ones.

Yeah, I know. They were perfectly fresh though, half of them were fine nice and firm. It's just frustrating lol.. I spent $8 on grapes that look like someone took a shit on them. Bad decision..

ihave1
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 7:27 PM
Lesson learned
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 7:28 PM

I spent $10 on grapes yesterday. The guy said $4.99 and I wasn't sure if he meant per bag or per pound, but assumed the bag wasn't more than a pound, but then got to the register and it was by weight and they rang up $10 something. You better believe I checked that bag from every angle!

shadow_lark
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 7:28 PM
They look like that at all of the grocery stores here right now too. For five dollars a pound, I don't think so lol.
Rhodin
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 7:30 PM

This.  It's also why they're like $4/lb now.  I went with bananas, seedless navel oranges, applesauce, and raisins.

Quoting SergeantSausage: Grapes aren't in season right now, so you will be lucky to find decent ones.

LilysMama719
by Emmy on Jan. 31, 2016 at 7:32 PM
They all look like that now. I used to love the commissary. Cheap groceries and not much of a crowd.
mommaof3boz
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 7:34 PM
I get produce at sams and they have been having really nice grapes. Wonder if they bought all the good ones lol
kmeow
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 7:36 PM
I've learned from shopping at the commissary that "manager's special" usually means "gone bad, but not bad enough that I can't get away with selling a few."
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 7:36 PM
Fruits, veggies and meats I hate getting at the commissary. But it's too exspensive anywhere else.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)