Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Lice, bullies and rape. Can the weekend end now.

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2016 at 7:21 PM
  • 3 Replies
Im so over this weekend. First I offered to watch kids for a lady that lives near me. My kids go to school with 2 of her kids and my oldest is friends with her oldest. She has 4 kids who are 11, 5, 2, and 7 months. Dad is a pot smoking loser who sleeps all day so I offered to watch them while she works. Well tye baby was filthy and so was the 2 yr old so I had the big sister give them a shower, I washed their clothes and let them wear some of my kids clothes while they were washing. Sorry I wont allow kids to be filthy like that it just makes me sad. ( also let me add the 11 yr old and 5 yr old had stayed the night with my kids.) Well im drying their hair and getting ready to french braid it and there are God damn bugs! The 2 yr old just had a few really small ones, think they are called nits. The 5yr old was infested with eggs, and the 11 yr old had a few eggs. I took off to walgreens and got some lice shampoo and treated them (yes I let the mom know,. Sye knew everything I was doing) Soaked their heads in apple cider vinegar after rinsing the lice shampoo out and sat there for 2hours or more going through their damn heads. The damn treatment didnt kill shit, which means she beeds a prescription lice killer, it did however wake up all the lice in the 5yr old and 11 yr olds heads. I started itching just from doing all this. Got all the live bugs out, and all the eggs out of the 2yr olds head (she had thin short hair so hers was easy) Got as much out of the other 2 as I could but mom will have to finish that job. Took out all my kids blankets (this was yesterday, Im still washing pillows today.) Told tye mom i cant watch them again until she gets rid of the lice and offered to wash her kids bedding for her if she brings laundry soap over with them (she does not hace a washer or dryer and can only get to the laundry mat every 2 weeks) I went through my kids hair today and thankfully only found 1 bug, killed it and still treated alk 5 of them just to be safe. I will be checking them daily for a couple weeks. Hubby freaked yesterday and then today freaked even worsewhen I found a bug. Said NO one comes over again for a while no more babysitting until we have trwated the whold house and are sure they are gone, and even then kids get checked before coming in my house. So I have to tell her I cant watch them at all for a good while, not just until her kids are clear. So that whole mess was first.

Then the kids are outside and this little punk starts bullying my son (hes 11) writing B** sucks D*** with chalk, throwing my sons scooter around. My son gets upset after a while of trying to ignore the kid and then threatens the kid. I had to explain to my son that had he just come to me I could have dealt with it, but when ge threatened the kids he kinda killed my ability to defend him, but still talked to the parents and just said we both need to just make sure ours boys stay away from eachother.

Then the big one happens my sdd's mom calls (back story my older 2 kids are not my DHs. Their dad had 3 kids when I got with him, they were 2,4, and 5 at the time. They are 14,16 and 17 now. Their dad passed away in 2008, but I was always very good friends with bm and very close to the kids. They still call me mama) Anyway, their mom calls me yesterday, and my phone had been off for a few days so she had been trying to call for days. My oldest SDD, K, was getying off the bus to go to her girlfriends house. They live up in the desert and there are a lot of places where there are not many homes just open fields. Well she is walking though the field towards where her gf's house is and gets attacked and raped by a man. She is small only about 4'8 at best. The police and doctors said a lot of her wounds looked like defensive wounds so she put up a good fight. They also thought she was only between 12-14 when they first saw her because of her size. So they are thinking this man was probably aiming for a girl younger then sdd and thought she was between 12-14. She is doing ok all things considered and is more angry then anything and is less worried about herself and more the fact that this man was after a girl who was more around her little sisters age. She is a strong girl and I see her coming out of this and becoming someone who fights against rape. They think they know who the man is she was able to give a decent description. Hopefully the catch the bastard soon. Im just mentally worn and stressed. And needed to vent this all out. I know a few things here are misspelled from me hitting the wrong letter on my tablets keypad, I try to fix as much as I can while writing. Sorry for any I missed. And thanks for reading if you made it all the way through that.
by on Jan. 31, 2016 at 7:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
TinkTink205
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 7:26 PM
So sorry. Sounds like a horrible weekend. Glad sd is OK. Robie combs do wonders for lice but doesn't do much good to treat hair and not surroundings. This mother is awful to let it go on like that.
Mrs.Elsey8486
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 7:34 PM
She claims she didnt know they still had it. Which if they had all had it like the 2 yr old did or the 11 yr old i could believe it. They didnt have it that bad. But the 5yr old had it BAD. All I did was start blow drying her hair and you could see the eggs. Dozens does not come close to describing it. Theres no way she had never seen them. But then again with how dirty the others were, I guess it is possible. And while Im angry at her for allowing them at my house without a warning at least. I almost feel bad. She works while dad sleeps all day. He doesnt do much from what I can tell. I think my girls are ok on the whole lice thing. Im always pretty on top of it. We dealt with lice once in the past and I swore never again. They get checked at least every few months, I sit them down and go through with a comb. And I am always doing small checks while brushing and braiding their hair. I might get one of those combs though to have on hand when other ppl kids come over.
Thank you.

Quoting TinkTink205: So sorry. Sounds like a horrible weekend. Glad sd is OK. Robie combs do wonders for lice but doesn't do much good to treat hair and not surroundings. This mother is awful to let it go on like that.
Mrs.Elsey8486
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 8:11 PM
Bump
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)