• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

C-Section Moms

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 49 Replies
My due date is 2/10 However I found out last week that my baby is breech. I have an appointment tomorrow and my dr doesnt to attempt to turn baby. I know tomorrow he will be scheduling a c section but i honestly want to wait until labor starts on its on and see if she turns on her own. If i do end up having a csection i am really afraid and not knowledgeable of the process. I have no idea what to expect or how the healing process will go. Im most worried because i have nerve damage already in my back from getting epidurals during prior vaginal deliveries and wanted to give birth naturally this time...not to mention i have a two year old to manage during my healing process...
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2016 at 7:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 7:30 PM
I mean it's abdominal surgery so you're going to be in the hospital a few days (3-4) and for me to completely feel back to normal with no pain at all it was like 4-5 months. The first few weeks are the worst when trying to get comfortable in bed (turning over or sitting up) and standing from a sitting position.
If you're running after a toddler while trying to heal its gonna suck. I hope you have someone to help you for a few days until you got your pain managed.
Aoibheann
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 7:45 PM
I had to have a c-section because of my uterus and birth canal. My hospital was 3 days and then after that I couldn't lift anything heavier than a gallon of milk for two weeks, I couldn't drive for two weeks and sleeping was like mission impossible. But I was lucky that I didn't have to care for another child, as DS is going to be my first and only.
Hope you have help.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 7:47 PM
You CAN deliver a breech baby, you know
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 7:48 PM
I've had four c sections. Healing wasn't bad at all. I was alone for the last one and I had three little ones to take care of plus the new born. You'll be fine.
Nicole_2007
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 7:53 PM
I have had 4 C-Sections. Healing isn't bad as long as you get up as soon as they let you and walk as much as you can. Don't just lay around cause then it takes longer to heal. If your doctor tries to schedule a C-Section just refuse. Let him know you don't want one unless their is a problem during delivery. You still have 10 days so baby could always turn last minute. Our they could try turning baby during delivery. I know 3 people that had vaginal births and baby was breech
honeybee69
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 7:55 PM

First c-section was a little painful at first, but I had been up in labor for over 24 hours, so sleep depravation was part of that. By the time I went home I was getting around really well, just tired a little easier. 

Second, I gardly had any pain, it was scheduled. I took tylenol for the pain, I had a 3 yr old to chase around and did it by myself while hubby was at work all day.

I didn't drive for 2 weeks, then I Would drive if I had too. By 3- 4 weeks I was back to normal. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 7:56 PM
I had a c section and once I was out of the hospital I took zero rx pain meds. I probably did too much. The hardest thing was not driving for a couple of weeks.
Curlymom234
by Flamingo lady on Jan. 31, 2016 at 7:56 PM
I had a c section as well and heard all kinds of horror stories. I didn't experience any of the horrible things I heard about.
Stephd710
by Emerald Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 7:57 PM
I had one with my twins because bottom baby was breech.

I was in the hospital for 5 days (because that's how long the girls had to be there). By the time we left I was walking normally and only had to take pain meds maybe twice a day.
Get up and walk as soon as you can, it makes it easier.
The surgery isn't bad at all. I had a spinal block and that was actually the worst part of the whole thing. I didn't feel the actual surgery at all. Not even pressure.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 7:59 PM
How long has he or she been breech? That's scary stuff. Good luck.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)