• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

sofr spot

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2016 at 8:20 PM
  • 4 Replies
This morning my SO aunty was visiting, she was holding daughter and she asked have we got her fost spot checked big ot should be closed by now and maybed thats why her head is larger.

I told her that her pedi didn't say anything at her last well check. I dont even know why she feeling around in her, she has a so much hair her soft spot isn't even noticeable, all my kids had big heads as babies

Should I bring it up to hher pedi at her next well check? She just turned 7 months
by on Jan. 31, 2016 at 8:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 8:23 PM
Anterior fontanelle usually closes by the first birthday, but could close a little later. The thing to worry about would be if it closed earlier.
Estrella90
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 8:32 PM
Yea I know but she claims it should be getting small and it goes back to far.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Anterior fontanelle usually closes by the first birthday, but could close a little later. The thing to worry about would be if it closed earlier.
kmeow
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 8:35 PM
As of a week ago, my eighteen month old still has a small soft spot. Her pediatrician just said "oh, looks like she isn't quite closed up yet" and moved on.
Estrella90
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 8:41 PM
Yea I don't thijknshe know what shes talking about

Quoting kmeow: As of a week ago, my eighteen month old still has a small soft spot. Her pediatrician just said "oh, looks like she isn't quite closed up yet" and moved on.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)