Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

God bless nurses...

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2016 at 8:50 PM
  • 76 Replies
13 moms liked this
Thank you for making my stay a little more bearable. You have kept my ice water filled. You listen and notice when I start coughing and bring cough syrup before I ask. You also bring me hot tea with honey without me asking. (what's amazing is that you remember how I like my tea so you don't have to ask repeatedly)

You were gracious when I didn't make it to the bathroom fast enough (it's hard getting you iv pump unplugged). You made me feel like it was okay even though tears of embarrassment flowed down my face.

I know you lost a patient tonight. I'm sure it bothered you but you walked into my room with a smile on your face and talked to me. It gets so lonely in this room so human contact is something I look forward to.

To all the awesome nurses out there...thank you. Thank you for being caring, strong, and a beautiful face/connection to the outside world when we are at our sickest.
by on Jan. 31, 2016 at 8:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SmurfGoneBad
by on Jan. 31, 2016 at 8:50 PM
Bump
Momof6.3e3h
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 8:55 PM
Nurses are awesome. Glad you have great ones. Prayers for quick healing.
SmurfGoneBad
by on Jan. 31, 2016 at 8:56 PM
I've been very fortunate. The nurses here kick butt. They are awesome.

Quoting Momof6.3e3h: Nurses are awesome. Glad you have great ones. Prayers for quick healing.
mrsmom110
by NO on Jan. 31, 2016 at 9:00 PM

What a thoughtful tribute to the unsung heroes in our mundane world.   Glad your hospital stay was made more bearable thanks to some dedicated nurses.  Get well soon.

SmurfGoneBad
by on Jan. 31, 2016 at 9:03 PM
2 moms liked this
The funny thing is that I hate my chosen career. I feel inspired to maybe look into nursing. I know it's hard work, but it's work that makes a difference.

Quoting mrsmom110:

What a thoughtful tribute to the unsung heroes in our mundane world.   Glad your hospital stay was made more bearable thanks to some dedicated nurses.  Get well soon.

SmurfGoneBad
by on Jan. 31, 2016 at 9:19 PM
Bump
graybealgirl
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 9:59 PM
Why are you in the hospital
SmurfGoneBad
by on Jan. 31, 2016 at 10:51 PM
Pneumonia/flu and some other issues being inflamed by the first two items.

Quoting graybealgirl: Why are you in the hospital
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 10:53 PM
1 mom liked this
As a nurse I really appreciate this - even if it wasn't specifically for me - thank you!
crescentstar2
by expecto patronum on Jan. 31, 2016 at 10:54 PM
1 mom liked this
My sister is an RN and I'm sure she'd appreciate anyone saying this to her

Hope you're better soon
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)