Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I hate the thought of a strike of any kind

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2016 at 8:59 PM
  • 19 Replies

The school board made a decision to not punish a student for a zero tolerance issue.  Huge violation, no consequence.  Many of the teachers are upset that every student will become some crazy animal because they will feel like there aren't consequences.  They sent this letter today and I've been stressed all day.  I feel like the tone of the letter is that I have to go to this meeting and stand united or I will be considered against my peers.  

There is no school tomorrow.  Give me your opinions... How serious does this sound? 

by on Jan. 31, 2016 at 8:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
faire_jour
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 9:02 PM

Was the kid on an IEP? 

Spam72
by Emerald Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 9:02 PM

No.  General Ed, not even a 504. 

Quoting faire_jour:

Was the kid on an IEP? 

happymommy1105
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 9:03 PM
Kinda sounds like a demand not a request
HellHound
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 9:04 PM
Im on my phone so its hard to read and maybe I missed it. Did they give you a copy of the letter they intend to read?
Spam72
by Emerald Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 9:04 PM

Quoting happymommy1105: Kinda sounds like a demand not a request

I know.  I feel like they will be taking notes about who shows and who doesn't. 

Spam72
by Emerald Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 9:05 PM

Quoting HellHound: Im on my phone so its hard to read and maybe I missed it. Did they give you a copy of the letter they intend to read?

No.  They will read it to staff tomorrow morning and to the board tomorrow night. 

happymommy1105
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 9:06 PM
Definitely sounds like they will.

I'm not sure what to do. I guess it depends on how strongly you feel about the situation

Quoting Spam72:

happymommy1105
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 9:06 PM
Definitely sounds like they will.

I'm not sure what to do. I guess it depends on how strongly you feel about the situation

Quoting Spam72:

Spam72
by Emerald Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 9:07 PM

I feel like the school is safe and I just want to focus on teaching.  I want to do my job. 

Quoting happymommy1105: Definitely sounds like they will. I'm not sure what to do. I guess it depends on how strongly you feel about the situation
Quoting Spam72:

Liddy07
by Thesaurus.Rex on Jan. 31, 2016 at 9:08 PM

Wow. I feel for you! I'm not a teacher, but our district teachers and BOE have been at odds too. Our local issue is contract negotiation. I've often wondered about staff members who don't agree with the voice speaking on their behalf. 

Will you go?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)