Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Yes he NEEDED the meds that why I sent them!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 42 Replies
Okay so it wasn't like life or death or anything but our kiddo could have really used the over the counter cold meds I sent with XH.

DS started getting a runny nose last week, and was complaining that his throat hurt.
So I started him on a non drowsy over the counter cold and sinus medication. Friday after noon he went through almost a whole box of Kleenex.
When XH picked DS up on Friday I asked if he had any of the medicine that I had been giving him, he said no. So I sent my bottle. I also sent a bottle of children mucinex just in case the cold got worse and he developed a cough. I could see it heading that way. He always gets these little head colds and they travel to his chest in no time. I told him how much I was giving him and explained the the mucinex was only if it got worse.

Well XH dropped DS off a little while ago. I was getting DS ready for bed when I realized I didn't grab his medicine. ds mentioned to me that his dad didn't give him any of the medicine ALL weekend, in fact he never took it out of his car.

I sent my XH a text asking about both things. He told me he didn't give him any all weekend because he didn't really need it.

Ugh.

The last time DS was sick and needed prescription meds I had to call/text XH every time DS needed a dose to remind him. (He had to take a breathing treatment and antibiotics every 6 hours and a steroid every 12 hours. He completely fussed me out saying I was being a "nagging bitch." He told me he divoced me because he didn't want to put up with my nagging anymore.

So this time I didn't text him at all about the medicine, and not only did he not give him any at ALL he forgot to even give the bottle back!

Like are you serious.

Oh and DS is much worse than he was at the beginning of the weekend and now his nose is all raw and sore, and he's developed a cough. I can't help thinking that if XH had given him the medicine like I suggested maybe he wouldn't be AS bad.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2016 at 9:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 9:03 PM

Raise your hand if you've figured out that titles with one word in all caps are always troll posts.

*raises hand*

vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Jan. 31, 2016 at 9:04 PM
Hope he's feeling better soon.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 9:04 PM
He might have he might not. I think personally giving meds for a runny/stuffy nose is pointless as well. A humidifier works great. Running hot water and breathing the steam as well.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 9:05 PM
1 mom liked this

if your son was observant enough to know dad left them in the car all weekend, then he's certainly able to let dad know he needs his meds

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 9:06 PM
4 moms liked this

Those medicines help with the symptoms, they don't make a cold "better" or shorter . It just has to run it's course.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2016 at 9:10 PM
Not a troll

Quoting corticosteroid:

Raise your hand if you've figured out that titles with one word in all caps are always troll posts.

*raises hand*

corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 9:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Okay, crazy control freak it is.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Not a troll
Quoting corticosteroid:

*raises hand*

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2016 at 9:16 PM
Sorry meant to add screen shot before

Removing pic because I didn't realize it had names in it

Quoting corticosteroid:

*raises hand*

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2016 at 9:18 PM
I've got a humidifier going at our house and I have VICKs on his feet. My XH said he had Vicks but DS said he didn't use it.

The meds I sent also had an non-drowsy antihistamine and a decongestant.

One of the meds I sent was an sinus medication. I'm almost certain the root of this head cold is sinus allergy related.

Quoting Anonymous 2: He might have he might not. I think personally giving meds for a runny/stuffy nose is pointless as well. A humidifier works great. Running hot water and breathing the steam as well.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2016 at 9:20 PM
He's a child it's not his responsibility to remember medicine

Quoting Anonymous 3:

if your son was observant enough to know dad left them in the car all weekend, then he's certainly able to let dad know he needs his meds

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)