• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Getting my tubes tied.... Question

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
So I am pregnant with my 3rd and have to have a c-section, Df and I have had many talks and we decided that I should get my tubes tied. I've heard they are able to do it during the c-section, is that true? Does it make the recovery harder or longer? I'm scared but he has a son from his previous relationship and I have a son and daughter from my previous and I think 4 kids all together is more the enough. Df at first wanted more after this till I reminded him what it's going to cost to support just the 5 of us (we only get his son on weekends).

Sorry if my post is all over the place I tend to ramble lol.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2016 at 9:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KiddieRN
by on Jan. 31, 2016 at 9:18 PM
I had mine done with my c-section. I did have some soreness, but the meds I was given for my c-section took care of the pain. Just take it easy.
two4one
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 9:18 PM
I had my tubes removed with laparoscopic surgery. No pain, no issues.
mischele
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 9:19 PM
Yes they can do it during c section. It doesn't effect recovery time. I regret mine and we have 5 kids total. We both had surgery to prevent pregnancy
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 9:21 PM
I had my tubes tied immediately after my second section. I was sore but only for a week or so. I was also 36 with my second that may have slowed my recovery time. lol
QueenBee107
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 9:22 PM
I had mine done with my 3rd during the c-section. The recovery was no different from my other 2 sections.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2016 at 9:52 PM
I'm sorry you regret yours, I've thought about it for awhile and although we don't really struggle right now I think if we had any more after this it would push us a little to far financially.

Quoting mischele: Yes they can do it during c section. It doesn't effect recovery time. I regret mine and we have 5 kids total. We both had surgery to prevent pregnancy
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2016 at 9:54 PM
I've never heard of that, is it easier sort of speak? I'll have to look into it.

Quoting two4one: I had my tubes removed with laparoscopic surgery. No pain, no issues.
two4one
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 9:56 PM
It's called a salpingectomy. My Dr said since I absolutely did not want any more babies, it is the best option because there's zero chance of it failing, lol

Quoting Anonymous 1: I've never heard of that, is it easier sort of speak? I'll have to look into it.

Quoting two4one: I had my tubes removed with laparoscopic surgery. No pain, no issues.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 10:04 PM
I had one tube removed, and one tied with my last c section. The second tube had an issue with a blood cease being too close or something. I'm not sure if it is related, but I took longer to heal this time. I am five months out, and still have a lot of pain in my lower abdomen, around my scar. I am currently sick, and coughing is a nightmare. I am also having really hard periods. I was going through a pad and tampon in an hour. Lots of cramps and what not. I am hoping it all gets better.

Do a lot of thinking. Maybe df should consider a vasectomy. I wish I would have pushed for dh to get one instead of giving in and just getting it done myself to avoid another pregnancy (he was wishy washy on getting it done).
mischele
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 10:05 PM
We can't afford anymore and I know we made the right choice. I'm only 31 and have 4 kids 15,11,9,7. If our finances change in next few years we discussed IVF

Quoting Anonymous 1: I'm sorry you regret yours, I've thought about it for awhile and although we don't really struggle right now I think if we had any more after this it would push us a little to far financially.

Quoting mischele: Yes they can do it during c section. It doesn't effect recovery time. I regret mine and we have 5 kids total. We both had surgery to prevent pregnancy
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)