• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Honey, I'm Home! ETA

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2016 at 9:22 PM
  • 72 Replies
1 mom liked this

I don't know if anyone noticed I was gone, but I made what might very well be the smartest decision of my life. Rehab obviously hasn't been working for me, since I keep relapsing. So I checked myself into an inpatient psych facility instead. 

The doctor was amazing.  He kept me on my Wellbutrin and added a second antidepressant before bed, as well as a med for PTSD which somehow stops the nightmares. I wake up every morning feeling so incredibly rested, it's a new experience for me.  I've been waiting on my rheumatologist appointment (it takes forever to get in) and my PCP was only willing to prescribe me 300mg of gabapentin a day, which is a tiny dose, the doctor there titrated it up to 3200mg a day and my fibromyalgia pain is decreased probably 90%.  I walked 3.2 miles yesterday just because I wanted to and I was hardly sore at all today. I had been taking ibuprophen around the clock to keep the pain from being completely debilitating, it didn't help much and is REALLY bad to take after gastric bypass, now I only take it first thing in the morning if I'm particularly stiff.  Plus I asked him to start me on naltrexone which is a medication shown to reduce cravings for alcohol.

I feel better than I have in my life with the exception of my pregnancy, I felt great then.  I have energy and motivation to actually do things, rather than sit in front of the TV and drink wine.  Like I said, I WALKED yesterday, by choice. There was an AA meeting a mile away, I decided to walk.  After the meeting we all walked up to a deli and hung out there for another couple of hours.  I could have taken the T home then, but I decided to walk back instead. I didn't get home until midnight and slept like a baby. I checked my GPS today and the walk was 3.2 miles.

The only thing that's a little funky right now is that my meds make me a little stoned.  Sometimes more than a little stoned.  Especially my bedtime meds.  I take them at 9 and my roommate at the hospital used to keep me up as late as possible afterwards because apparently I'm hysterical.  I know that will go away with time, but for right now I'm walking rather than driving when it's feasible and when it's not I time my driving around my meds.  My son is going to be staying with my parents for a while so I can really focus on fixing me right now. We talk multiple times a day and see each other a lot as well. It's hard as hell being away from him, but I need to focus on getting well right now. I'm going to a day program 10 to 3 for the next few weeks plus hitting a meeting a day, alternating between 12 step and SMART Recovery.  I'm guardedly optimistic at this point.

ETA: Something I posted on page 3 reminded me, I got the results of my endometrial biopsy this morning, no cancer, just really wonky peri-menopause. 

by on Jan. 31, 2016 at 9:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 9:26 PM
I don't think I know who you are, but I'm glad you're getting the help you need. ((Big hugs))
graybealgirl
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 9:27 PM
Congratulations
jabs54
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 9:34 PM

Good job!  Keep it up.  Your son will be so proud of you :)

Uzma_mom_of_2
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 9:36 PM
I'm glad you're getting real help that is making a difference.
MenopauseManiac
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 9:36 PM

People on here seem to love me or hate me.  Well, at least I'm never boring.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I don't think I know who you are, but I'm glad you're getting the help you need. ((Big hugs))

ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Jan. 31, 2016 at 9:39 PM

I am happy to hear things are looking up for you!!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 9:41 PM
1 mom liked this

I noticed you were gone and enjoyed having fewer crazy bitchy rants and attacks on here.  You are not nice to others so I didn't miss you.  Hopefully whatever help you're getting is big. 

MenopauseManiac
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 9:43 PM
6 moms liked this

Don't worry, I'll continue to put people in their place when they're being cunts.  You know, like people who say nasty things hiding behind an assnon.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

I noticed you were gone and enjoyed having fewer crazy bitchy rants and attacks on here.  You are not nice to others so I didn't miss you.  Hopefully whatever help you're getting is big. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 9:44 PM
good
cutebaby06
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 9:47 PM
Meh, didn't even notice you were gone.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)