• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I just can't do it....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 35 Replies
Even though I know my mom has passed and of course isn't coming back, for some reason I can't bring myself to delete her number out of my phone.
The other day I called her and I felt so stupid, I guess I just desperately wanted to talk to her..

Sorry for the annoying post.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2016 at 9:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 9:39 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss. ((Hugs))
TheRaz
by Liz on Jan. 31, 2016 at 9:39 PM
Don't delete her number if you don't want to.

If you feel like that'll cause you more pain, then leave. Unless it's painful for you to see it in your phone?

Maybe write it down on a piece of paper, tuck that somewhere safe. And see if you want to remove it then.

Grieve on your terms.

I'm sorry for your loss!
thelonebuffalo
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 9:40 PM
I'm sorry for your loss.

My aunt lost her oldest daughter in 2014 to cancer, and she still hasn't taken her number out either. She used to call her number just to listen to the voice-mail greeting until someone else got the number.
Theresa1209
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 9:41 PM
I can't imagine. Im so sorry.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2016 at 9:41 PM
For some reason it's hitting me hard today

Quoting TheRaz: Don't delete her number if you don't want to.

If you feel like that'll cause you more pain, then leave. Unless it's painful for you to see it in your phone?

Maybe write it down on a piece of paper, tuck that somewhere safe. And see if you want to remove it then.

Grieve on your terms.

I'm sorry for your loss!
DensHag
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 9:41 PM
My DH died 3 1/2 years ago and I still have his number in my phone. Do what you want...it doesn't hurt anything.
AjsMom0508
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 9:41 PM
1 mom liked this
I still have both of my grandparents phone numbers in my phone. They have been gone a year (grandpa) and almost 2 years (grandma). I also still know my brother's last cell number and he has been gone almost 7 years. It took me several years to take his number out of my phone but I still have it memorized. It's part of the grieving process.
vilandra
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 9:43 PM
My grandpa died 5 years ago and my mom died 3 years ago. I still have both their numbers in my phone. I don't see a reason to delete them
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2016 at 9:43 PM
She had a government phone, I guess you can get those if you're on food stamps, so that will only be a matter of time

Quoting thelonebuffalo: I'm sorry for your loss.

My aunt lost her oldest daughter in 2014 to cancer, and she still hasn't taken her number out either. She used to call her number just to listen to the voice-mail greeting until someone else got the number.
ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Jan. 31, 2016 at 9:43 PM

Moms is still in mine and she passed in 2012

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)