• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I didn't support the first stupid choice, I won't support this one either

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 40 Replies
My younger sister, bless her stupid, stupid little heart, has completely lost her fucking mind. She moved into the dorms in August and from there, it's been a downhill spiral. Alcohol and a fake ID, failing grades, then some loser boyfriend that she met at a bar. In December, she told us she was pregnant.

And now, she's getting married. She's getting married to a 25 year old loser, with a part time job, who is currently sleeping on a friend's couch, that she has known for about 3 and a half months, and she's going to have this baby.

I've made it clear from the start that I do not support her stupid choices. I've offered her help, even to let her live in my house so she would have more time to study and less distractions.

She's getting married end of next month and wants me to be her matron on honor. I told her that I love her, but I can't and won't support her destroying her life like this. We sat down and had a long talk, about her future, her choices, and where she wants to go with her life.

She's now called off the wedding and is considering an abortion. My parents are furious, for some insane reason they were happy about having another grandchild and their daughter getting married at barely 18. They were the ones who told her to ask me to be her matron on honor.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2016 at 9:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
horcruxnumber8
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 9:43 PM
Good for you for talking some sense into her. Keep us updated on her decision
fightlikegirl.2
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 9:44 PM
She can do everything and be a mom. She shouldn't kill her baby
corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 9:44 PM

Well this isn't inflammatory or divisive or anything.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2016 at 9:45 PM
She couldn't even manage her class load without a child. Having a kid would ruin her chances at making a good life.

No one is talking about killing a kid. Did you mean to post that second sentence in a different post?

Quoting fightlikegirl.2: She can do everything and be a mom. She shouldn't kill her baby
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2016 at 9:46 PM
I've tried from the start to talk sense into her, but our parents were too loud. Now though, I think she's finally realizing that her choices have serious, life altering consequences.

Quoting horcruxnumber8: Good for you for talking some sense into her. Keep us updated on her decision
graybealgirl
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 9:48 PM
I agree abortion is murder

Quoting fightlikegirl.2: She can do everything and be a mom. She shouldn't kill her baby
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 9:52 PM
Sometimes, people need tough love. I was married young and then became pregnant while going to college and it didn't work out for me. I love DS to death, but if I had someone telling me not to get married, I probably would have better things going on in my life. I'd have a degree and a home I love and can call my own instead of stress because of bills, etc.
Now I'm on my second marriage with DS and a SS who I secretly likes to make my life a living hell.
Your sister doesn't need to go through something similar.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 9:53 PM

Why not adoption

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 9:54 PM
Uh it's way too late for an abortion. What the fuck
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2016 at 9:54 PM
Yup, and I don't want her to suffer and struggle. She's my baby sister.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Sometimes, people need tough love. I was married young and then became pregnant while going to college and it didn't work out for me. I love DS to death, but if I had someone telling me not to get married, I probably would have better things going on in my life. I'd have a degree and a home I love and can call my own instead of stress because of bills, etc.
Now I'm on my second marriage with DS and a SS who I secretly likes to make my life a living hell.
Your sister doesn't need to go through something similar.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)