Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question for payroll taxes

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies
I have been working at the same place the entire year yet my pay stubs for 12/2015 under ytd only show taxes taken out for that pay period
Anyone know why an accountant would do this?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2016 at 10:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
crescentstar2
by expecto patronum on Jan. 31, 2016 at 10:02 PM
I've never gotten, DH either, a pay stub that didn't have a full YTD on everything
quickbooksworm
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 10:03 PM
It's probably just an error. Sometimes strange things happen with the software at year end.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2016 at 10:06 PM
Me neither, and I did my taxes but show that I'm owing $500. This makes no sense because all year long I didn't claim independents so maximum taxes should've been paid out, I also have dependent a to claim so I definitely shouldn't be showing an owing if $500...
I'm curious because it seems rather fishy that ytd would only reflect the pay period

Quoting crescentstar2: I've never gotten, DH either, a pay stub that didn't have a full YTD on everything
goodygumdrops
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 10:07 PM
Is it the pay period for 2015 AND you received the pay in January? If that's the case, then that pay period falls under a new year because that is when you are paid.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2016 at 10:09 PM
The pay period runs only til December 30. Payroll is generated and passed out on the 3rd of the following moth and does not include any earnings for the new month.
crescentstar2
by expecto patronum on Jan. 31, 2016 at 10:09 PM
Years ago I had that happen. The book keeper put me as exempt on something. I know I didn't mark that but they fucked up and I had to pay for it in the end

Quoting Anonymous 1: Me neither, and I did my taxes but show that I'm owing $500. This makes no sense because all year long I didn't claim independents so maximum taxes should've been paid out, I also have dependent a to claim so I definitely shouldn't be showing an owing if $500...
I'm curious because it seems rather fishy that ytd would only reflect the pay period

Quoting crescentstar2: I've never gotten, DH either, a pay stub that didn't have a full YTD on everything
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2016 at 10:11 PM
Ok I'll see if that's where the error is occurring. Thank you!

Quoting crescentstar2: Years ago I had that happen. The book keeper put me as exempt on something. I know I didn't mark that but they fucked up and I had to pay for it in the end
Quoting Anonymous 1: Me neither, and I did my taxes but show that I'm owing $500. This makes no sense because all year long I didn't claim independents so maximum taxes should've been paid out, I also have dependent a to claim so I definitely shouldn't be showing an owing if $500...

crescentstar2
by expecto patronum on Jan. 31, 2016 at 10:12 PM
Best of luck and I hope it works in your favor in the end

Quoting Anonymous 1: Ok I'll see if that's where the error is occurring. Thank you!

Quoting crescentstar2: Years ago I had that happen. The book keeper put me as exempt on something. I know I didn't mark that but they fucked up and I had to pay for it in the end
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2016 at 10:23 PM
Thank you!

Quoting crescentstar2: Best of luck and I hope it works in your favor in the end

Quoting Anonymous 1: Ok I'll see if that's where the error is occurring. Thank you!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)