• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Conflicted and undecided

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
I have 3 children, 11, 6, and 6 months and I'm pregnant again. Each pregnancy was more difficult with the last one almost killing me and my son and I was induced at 32 weeks and he was in NICU for awhile.
I've always been in favor of "right to choose" but never thought I could get an abortion myself. Now I'm worried if I don't I won't be here for the children I have. It's very early now but very likely that going through the pregnancy could kill me and the unborn baby. I'm really struggling with this and don't know what the right thing to do is.
Should I terminate because the kids I have need me or attempt to go through with this, even though it's likely we both will die?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2016 at 10:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
two4one
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 10:09 PM
I think it would be best, yes. But only you can make this decision.
andreamarie
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 10:11 PM
Prayers. You have to do what is right for you and your family.
vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Jan. 31, 2016 at 10:11 PM
I would terminate. Hugs and good luck to you.
redheadtmk
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 10:15 PM
It is up to you. My values are my values, period. I would never get an abortion for any reason. My values don't change just because they are challenged.
momofsixangels
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 10:17 PM
That's up to you. Go with your heart. I wouldn't get an abortion but that's me.
readyforhim
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 10:18 PM

I would meet with the Dr, get any questions answered and answer to no one but yourself.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 10:19 PM
It's up to you, but whatever you decide, maybe look into getting your tubes tied so this doesn't happen again.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 10:20 PM
Maternal death is so incredibly rare in this day and age. I mean it's seriously rare. It's not 1850 anymore.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 10:20 PM
Why do you think you'll both die? I'm just not understanding - every pregnancy is different. What were your complications last time?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 10:20 PM
I would discuss your concerns with your partner and doctor before you make any decisions. But ultimately, it's up to you hon. It would be very hard for me to choose an abortion personally, but if it was a for sure thing that the pregnancy would kill me (and possibly the unborn child), I would probably have to make that choice for my living children.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)