Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with PMDD

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2016 at 10:11 PM
  • 13 Replies

Does anyone suffer from PMDD?!  If so, how do you deal?

by on Jan. 31, 2016 at 10:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommabear868
by on Jan. 31, 2016 at 10:12 PM
Bump! I'd like to know to
Liddy07
by Thesaurus.Rex on Jan. 31, 2016 at 10:13 PM

What Are the Symptoms of PMDD?

The symptoms of PMDD can include any of the following:

• Mood swings
  • Depressed mood or feelings of hopelessness
  • Marked anger, increased interpersonal conflicts
  • Tension and anxiety
  • Irritability
  • Decreased interest in usual activities
  • Difficulty concentrating
  • Fatigue
  • Change in appetite
  • Feeling out of control or overwhelmed
  • Sleep problems
  • Physical problems, such as bloatingbreast tenderness, swelling, headaches, joint or muscle pain.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 10:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes. 

Im anon, because I am not ready to come out with this yet. It is very personal, and I am not ready to share it so openly. 

Its almost like being bipolar honestly. But only for a day or 2. The day or sometimes 2 days,  before my period is when it hits me. Thankfully, after 30+ years, Ive got the hang of it, and I know how to deal with it. 

For one, I am on Depo

For two, though I know I should, I have not quit smoking (Ciggs) . It scares me every time I do. Because if I do not have a cigarette, when the time comes, It is a million times worse, and I go buy a pack anyway. 

I get depressed, physically sick, (flu like, vomiting, IBS, exhastion, sore all over)

And I get so pissy. I keep it away from my kids. But seriously, Sometimes I think about throwing a table across the room lol. 

When I was younger, anti depressants helped a lot as well, especially when I was still learning about my issue, and learning how to deal. I dont need it anymore. 

What is funny, is that day or two before my period, its like the world has shut off, and everything feels aweful. 

But the second my period hits, I am perfectly normal and happy again! 

NurseMaggie
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 10:17 PM
I do, I got supplements to deal with most of it. The insomnia is thing I can't seem to get under control and it's bad. Maybe 2 hrs of sleep a night.
AngylJen
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 10:29 PM

The insomnia kills me! 

I was told Birth control would help, becausemy symptoms before I started BC was pounding heart, insomnia, Id have anxiety while out to where I thought id pass out, I was getting hair in places I shouldn't have hair..  

Then I started the BC and everything got worse.. I'd get RAGE fits.. oh man, Id turn into a bitch. I stopped the BC and the rage and sadness are gone. I'd rather deal with the first symptoms I had than be upset/mad all the time, thinking people hated me or was out to get me.

Quoting NurseMaggie: I do, I got supplements to deal with most of it. The insomnia is thing I can't seem to get under control and it's bad. Maybe 2 hrs of sleep a night.

AngylJen
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 10:30 PM
Quoting Anonymous 1:

Yes. 

Im anon, because I am not ready to come out with this yet. It is very personal, and I am not ready to share it so openly. 

Its almost like being bipolar honestly. But only for a day or 2. The day or sometimes 2 days,  before my period is when it hits me. Thankfully, after 30+ years, Ive got the hang of it, and I know how to deal with it. 

For one, I am on Depo

For two, though I know I should, I have not quit smoking (Ciggs) . It scares me every time I do. Because if I do not have a cigarette, when the time comes, It is a million times worse, and I go buy a pack anyway. 

I get depressed, physically sick, (flu like, vomiting, IBS, exhastion, sore all over)

And I get so pissy. I keep it away from my kids. But seriously, Sometimes I think about throwing a table across the room lol. 

When I was younger, anti depressants helped a lot as well, especially when I was still learning about my issue, and learning how to deal. I dont need it anymore. 

What is funny, is that day or two before my period, its like the world has shut off, and everything feels aweful. 

But the second my period hits, I am perfectly normal and happy again! 

Whats sad is that the rage is real lol.. i gt mad at my ex once and kicked a hole in the wall... i thought it was just him pissing me off.Ohh man it was fun explaining to maintenance why i had a HUGE hole inmy wall

JenLynWhit
by Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 10:36 PM
My mom & sister have said for years that all 3 of us have it. Exactly like Anon1 said, it feels like I'm bipolar for 2 days a months & I'm demon possessed. I want to throw something across the room. The littlest things will set me off all day, and there are a lot of tears, mad, angry tears that everything is going wrong (when in reality, it's all very minor things). Then like a switch being flipped, I go back to being obnoxiously happy for the rest of the month. I have my annual next month & finally plan to discuss it with my OB/GYN.
NurseMaggie
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 10:36 PM
BC makes me sick so I never tried it, I go about a week of not sleeping. I do still feel the rage and anxiety it it's much less than before. Though I forgot some of my supplements this past month and felt it full force this past week, I had to talk myself out of 3 panic attacks and felt such rage just looking for the kids shoes. Which I ended up putting myself in timeout in my closet so I didn't say anything mean to DH. (Kids weren't even home)

Quoting AngylJen:

The insomnia kills me! 

I was told Birth control would help, becausemy symptoms before I started BC was pounding heart, insomnia, Id have anxiety while out to where I thought id pass out, I was getting hair in places I shouldn't have hair..  

Then I started the BC and everything got worse.. I'd get RAGE fits.. oh man, Id turn into a bitch. I stopped the BC and the rage and sadness are gone. I'd rather deal with the first symptoms I had than be upset/mad all the time, thinking people hated me or was out to get me.

Quoting NurseMaggie: I do, I got supplements to deal with most of it. The insomnia is thing I can't seem to get under control and it's bad. Maybe 2 hrs of sleep a night.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 10:39 PM

I think I have it.  I wasn't always so easily and irrationally pissed off right before my period starts.  I didn't have the pain that I have now.  I get overwhelmed so much easier.  I talked to my doctor and their big answer is hormonal BC which I would rather not do.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 10:42 PM
I'm on two different antidepressants. Welbutrin and Zoloft. I was already on the Welbutrin but I was a screaming maniac for two weeks before my period. I couldn't even stand myself. My doctor added in Zoloft and it was like someone flipped a switch. Like night and day. Because of my age my doctor didn't want to put me on the pill, but Yasmin worked great for me before. I don't even know if it's still on the market though.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)