Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

would this bother you?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
My cousin who just had a baby used my dds middle name as her dds first name, and her moms name is the same name as my mom's. It's a Hungarian name because my dh is Hungarian, so we thought to use that name.( they aren't Hungarian) I get that it can be used by anyone, but it just irriates me a little.

Guess my pregnancy hormones are getting the best of me lol.

Anything like that happen to you ladies.

Guess I'm just bored too haha
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2016 at 11:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
crescentstar2
by expecto patronum on Jan. 31, 2016 at 11:02 PM
Not being pregnant it doesn't bother me. Middle names aren't used a whole lot.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2016 at 11:04 PM
Shoot totally wrote that wrong, she used my dds middle name as her dds first name lol! Didn't read it after I wrote it. Have to change it.

Quoting crescentstar2: Not being pregnant it doesn't bother me. Middle names aren't used a whole lot.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 11:04 PM

Didn't happen to us, thank goodness.  I will never understand people who do this kind of thing.  When we had our first, we knew he was a boy for some time before he was born and it seemed like every name I came up with, DH had a cousin with that name.  His family is huge.  Finally we settled on a name no one in the family had.  We didn't want him to have a name someone else already had.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2016 at 11:07 PM
Same here I didn't want to use anyone elses name either, I made sure of it.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Didn't happen to us, thank goodness.  I will never understand people who do this kind of thing.  When we had our first, we knew he was a boy for some time before he was born and it seemed like every name I came up with, DH had a cousin with that name.  His family is huge.  Finally we settled on a name no one in the family had.  We didn't want him to have a name someone else already had.

ilovemykids323
by Emerald Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 11:08 PM
1 mom liked this

no that wouldn't bother me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 11:10 PM
Two of my sisters gave their boys very similar names, Jonathon and John. It's not a big deal, especially when you are talking about your DD's middle name being the same as your niece's first name. Let it go.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2016 at 11:10 PM
Guess I should take it as a compliment‚̧‚̧

Quoting ilovemykids323:

no that wouldn't bother me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 11:10 PM
I wouldn't care
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2016 at 11:11 PM
I'm not harping on it. Just thought it was a little odd that she couldn't think of her own names.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Two of my sisters gave their boys very similar names, Jonathon and John. It's not a big deal, especially when you are talking about your DD's middle name being the same as your niece's first name. Let it go.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 11:12 PM
My younger cousin used both of my boys middle names to name her kid....after asking me a million times what their full names were and when someone said something about it, she said she didn't know them.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)