Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Arrested for theft of services.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 76 Replies
1 mom liked this
Let me begin by saying this all happened over a week ago.

I am an otr trucker. I was on a lay over in PA. A 34 hour layover. I decided to explore and have some fun. Around 6pmish I called a cab to take me to downtown York PA so I could have some fun. Yes, drinking and some good food. Driver took me to a place call Harrisburg? Charged me 68 for a round trip. I paid him the total to secure myself a trip back to my truck. When I was done downtown I got back in the cab, we rode back to where my truck was.
This is where stuff gets shady. We pull up to my truck and he locks the van doors. Tells me it will be another 90 dollars. I freak out. Yes, I've had a couple. But here is the man telling me I own him more money...he is locking me in his van.

I argue with him..tell him I already paid the full price. He tells me I'm not getting out with paying him more.
I panic. I climb over the front passenger seat and unlock the doors. I know I pushed him off me in the process. I manage to get out and run to my truck...lock the truck doors. He goes away.

An hour later cops are at my truck saying I didn't pay my fare. I ask for a lawyer. They arrested me.

My bail is set at 10K. Thankfully my dh drives the 10 hours to bond me out...cost us 1K because I'm a flight risk.

I have court on March 7th. How would y'all handle this one?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2016 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 6, 2016 at 12:03 AM
I am charge with theft of services and harassment/ assault.
young_lv_mom
by Gold Member on Feb. 6, 2016 at 12:04 AM
1 mom liked this
Did you get a receipt for it? Did you pay with a card? If you have prof of payment you should be fine. If not then I think you are in trouble.
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Feb. 6, 2016 at 12:05 AM

Damn......You should have gotten a receipt when you paid him. Then recorded his ass when he starts telling you to give him more money or you aren't getting out.

Better get a good Attorney

young_lv_mom
by Gold Member on Feb. 6, 2016 at 12:05 AM
Also was it the same driver?
dandynorm
by Gold Member on Feb. 6, 2016 at 12:06 AM
Get a lawyer. Like yesterday
MrsViau
by PinkGiraffe on Feb. 6, 2016 at 12:06 AM
Do you have proof you paid him? If not I think you're screwed.
Rebecca7708
by Platinum Member on Feb. 6, 2016 at 12:06 AM
Why didn't you call the police first?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 6, 2016 at 12:08 AM
I would have called the police as soon as I got out of the cab, if not sooner. What the hell were you thinking?!?

Now, you hire a lawyer and pray.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 6, 2016 at 12:08 AM
This. I would have stayed in the car and called the police and waited for them to arrive.

Quoting Rebecca7708: Why didn't you call the police first?
Damali0812
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2016 at 12:09 AM
1 mom liked this

Definitly get a lawyer and make sure you have a receipt for the $60 you paid to begin with. Not sure what else but your lawyer will tell you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)