Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

All you PI Come here I need help finding a news article

Posted by on Feb. 6, 2016 at 12:39 AM
  • 10 Replies
So I found out why my boss won't let me leave with the kids and why she has cameras throughout the house.

Her neice and nephew went to an in home daycare and she was planning on enrolling her son when the lady running the daycare killed a child.

I wish they had explained that to me when they hired me, a lot of things would make more sense....

But now I'm curious. I imagine it was here in the Houston area and I think the grandma (who told me the story) said the lady's name is Vickie and that she said she only hit the kid once.

It would have had to have happened in the last 2.5 years or so and it is NOT the story about Jessica Tata who left the kids to die in a house fire.

So can anyone find a story about the incident.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 6, 2016 at 12:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Elyce225
by Emerald Member on Feb. 6, 2016 at 12:46 AM

Omg that is horrible.

My dh is an actual licensed PI, lol. He is asleep though.

Can you ask the grandmother more details?
Roxygurl
by Sapphire Member on Feb. 6, 2016 at 12:47 AM
No I don't think it was a hot car death. I think she intentionally harmed the child resulting it death.

Quoting Momtoone07: http://www.13wmaz.com/story/news/crime/2014/02/14/daycare-child-death-hotcar/5484677/

?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Roxygurl
by Sapphire Member on Feb. 6, 2016 at 12:48 AM
I will next time I see her but that could be months from now.

It is horrible and it now makes sense why we have to spend our day in the house and why we can't leave to even go to the park I just wish they had given me that info before hiring me because I honestly would have declined....while I understand why they are they are I wouldn't have wanted to get involved with it and would have declined the job.

Quoting Elyce225:
Omg that is horrible.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Elyce225
by Emerald Member on Feb. 6, 2016 at 12:50 AM

I agree.

That is pretty crucial information to leave out.

They have probably told previous interviews, after that I bet no one would want to work for them.

Are you.going to stay or resign? Do the kids remember what happened?

Quoting Roxygurl: I will next time I see her but that could be months from now.

It is horrible and it now makes sense why we have to spend our day in the house and why we can't leave to even go to the park I just wish they had given me that info before hiring me because I honestly would have declined....while I understand why they are they are I wouldn't have wanted to get involved with it and would have declined the job.

Quoting Elyce225:
Omg that is horrible.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 6, 2016 at 12:52 AM
I'll try looking in the morning, just bumping so I don't lose the post
Roxygurl
by Sapphire Member on Feb. 6, 2016 at 12:55 AM
I promised a year and I'm going to try to give it a year....I'm counting down days at this point and I've got months...

The kids never actually went to this lady's daycare, they dodged a bullet thankfully.

Quoting Elyce225:
I agree.

They have probably told previous interviews, after that I bet no one would want to work for them.

Quoting Elyce225:
Omg that is horrible.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Elyce225
by Emerald Member on Feb. 6, 2016 at 12:58 AM

Oh om, I misread it. I thought they were there.

I'd be pissed if I were you. But you are a good person for sticking with it. Make sure you tell her to tell the next people she wants to hire.

Quoting Roxygurl: I promised a year and I'm going to try to give it a year....I'm counting down days at this point and I've got months...

The kids never actually went to this lady's daycare, they dodged a bullet thankfully.

Quoting Elyce225:
I agree.

Quoting Elyce225:
Omg that is horrible.

blue-heart
by Ruby Member on Feb. 6, 2016 at 1:02 AM
I tried. But all I could find was about the fire.
Roxygurl
by Sapphire Member on Feb. 6, 2016 at 1:04 AM
1 mom liked this
I will; I plan on telling her and the agency they hired me through.

Quoting Elyce225:
Oh om, I misread it. I thought they were there.

I'd be pissed if I were you. But you are a good person for sticking with it. Make sure you tell her to tell the next people she wants to hire.

Quoting Roxygurl: I promised a year and I'm going to try to give it a year....I'm counting down days at this point and I've got months...

Quoting Elyce225:
I agree.

Quoting Elyce225:
Omg that is horrible.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)