Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Face casting of stillborn infants?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies

What do you think of face casting for stillborn infants in which the face casts can then be placed inside a frame, or be used to create an actual model of the childs face for a tribute doll. Because photos of a stillborn infant might not be fit for viewing by those left uneasy by stillborn images.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2016 at 1:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
texanmommy
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2016 at 1:05 AM

I kinda like the doll idea. I have seen a lot of death pictures, from the Victorian era mostly. They give me a weird feeling

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 6, 2016 at 4:33 AM
2 moms liked this

Interesting idea. Maybe they should bring this idea into hospitals. Within the maternity & NICU department.

ccoyle4
by Gold Member on Feb. 6, 2016 at 4:52 AM
I think they should make this an option at the hospitals, or at least have a number for the available service. Kind of like now I lay me down to sleep does with pictures.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 6, 2016 at 4:54 AM

oh god no.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 6, 2016 at 4:59 AM
Weird.
Gelynia
by Gelynia on Feb. 6, 2016 at 5:02 AM
I actually love the dolls. I want them made of all 4 of my guys. However they would be made from photos. I don't really like the idea of plastering the face of a child who has been stillborn or passed away after birth. It seems disrespectful to me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 6, 2016 at 5:04 AM
It's very interesting. I had a stillborn daughter 5 years ago, and honestly wish I had a cast of her face.
SleuthMaria
by Love a tomb. on Feb. 6, 2016 at 5:54 AM
I like the idea of it being an option for grieving parents. Had it been an option when my little one passed away, I'd have had it done & had a doll made using the casting for the face.
thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Feb. 6, 2016 at 6:15 AM
1 mom liked this
I would hate the thought of my baby's face being covered like that.
mcginnisc
by *Claire-Bear* on Feb. 6, 2016 at 7:42 AM

I've had a late term stillborn and I would not have used this service. It honestly creeps me out. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)