Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For those that have dislocated their

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies

Mobile Photo

Knee. Besides being in pain what else did it feel like?

I fell hard Monday on the cement after a disagreement with my ice and shoes. Went to urgent care later that night after keeping it raised and iceing for a couple hours. I couldn't put pressure on it.

They gave me crutches aND a bandage. Says it's just badly bruised and swollen. The swelling has nit gone down at all. I still can barley put ice on it my muscles in my leg are now spasm ing bad.

Idk if the picture helps but debating if another appointment is warranted.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2016 at 2:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AngryBob
by Ruby Member on Feb. 6, 2016 at 2:45 AM
Didn't they xray it at all???
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 6, 2016 at 2:46 AM
The swelling hasn't gone down at all? I would go back to the doctor. You should have seen a change by now.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 6, 2016 at 2:47 AM
Yes but I have had more then one experience where I have gone and been told the same thing, only to find out a couple days later it was broke (foot, hand, ankle, toe).

Quoting AngryBob: Didn't they xray it at all???
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 6, 2016 at 2:48 AM
No it hasn't :( that's what I was thinking.. I just hate going to doctors.

Quoting Anonymous 2: The swelling hasn't gone down at all? I would go back to the doctor. You should have seen a change by now.
HistoryNutty
by Ruby Member on Feb. 6, 2016 at 2:50 AM
I've only had my arm partially dislocated. I don't remember much about it, I was three.
AngryBob
by Ruby Member on Feb. 6, 2016 at 2:51 AM
If this happened on monday, and it's still swollen and completely unchanged, I'm thinking it's another case where it's broken.
Something similar happened go my husband, where he fell and they told him it was just a sprain, but later it turned out he had a hairline fracture, which is why it hurt so much. Sprains can hurt, sometimes even more than a break, but it just felt off, so he had to go back in, and that's when they found it.
I'd go back if I were you. I hope you feel better soon.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Yes but I have had more then one experience where I have gone and been told the same thing, only to find out a couple days later it was broke (foot, hand, ankle, toe).

Quoting AngryBob: Didn't they xray it at all???
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 6, 2016 at 2:51 AM
Quoting Anonymous 1: No it hasn't :( that's what I was thinking.. I just hate going to doctors.

Quoting Anonymous 2: The swelling hasn't gone down at all? I would go back to the doctor. You should have seen a change by now.

I sprained my knee very badly a few years ago, and the swelling went down quite a bit after four or five days. You have more going on than just bruising if it's still swollen with no change.
happyolechimp
by vera on Feb. 6, 2016 at 2:59 AM
There's probably fluid in there. .you'll have to go again...sorry that this happened to you hon
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Feb. 6, 2016 at 3:14 AM

left.drowning
by Fix Me on Feb. 6, 2016 at 3:17 AM
That's awful! I'd get a 2nd opinion
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)