Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tax help.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies
I filed the 21 of January. Haven't herd anything. This Thursdays will be my 21st day. If it comes between now and then fine.
But what of it doesn't? What do I do? Do I spend two weeks on the phone trying to talk to someone?

I didn't owe and there isn't anything "wrong" its the glitch.

Thank you. While it still has a few days DH asked me what if it doesn't and I don't have a clue.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2016 at 3:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Joyzap2003
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2016 at 3:39 AM

It' could take more than 21 days because of the glitch.  If you don't get it by Thursday give it another week or so before you start calling.  I filed ours on January 18 and we are supposed to have it by February 9th but I don't think we will get it until the end of the month.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 6, 2016 at 3:40 AM
I have bills I need to pay off.
If I owed them money you'd know they'd be on top of me!

Thank you!

Quoting Joyzap2003:

It' could take more than 21 days because of the glitch.  If you don't get it by Thursday give it another week or so before you start calling.  I filed ours on January 18 and we are supposed to have it by February 9th but I don't think we will get it until the end of the month.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 6, 2016 at 3:42 AM
Glitch? I just did dfs a week ago. What's going on with the system now? Every year there is always something wrong.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 6, 2016 at 3:46 AM
There's always something. Told dh I was doing ours tonight and he said wait a week because its not secure currently. Happened last year. I'm doing mine on Tuesday lol

Quoting Anonymous 2: Glitch? I just did dfs a week ago. What's going on with the system now? Every year there is always something wrong.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 6, 2016 at 3:47 AM
http://kdvr.com/2016/02/04/irs-shuts-down-tax-return-e-file-system-computer-issues-blamed/

I live in Colorado.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Glitch? I just did dfs a week ago. What's going on with the system now? Every year there is always something wrong.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 6, 2016 at 3:48 AM
They aren't accepting anymore right now. Last I herd anyway.

Quoting Anonymous 3: There's always something. Told dh I was doing ours tonight and he said wait a week because its not secure currently. Happened last year. I'm doing mine on Tuesday lol

babyliz13
by Gold Member on Feb. 6, 2016 at 3:48 AM
I just filed my taxes today and every year im used to seeing it get approved right away but noy this year. All ive seen so far is that it was completed and that's it. I wonder if I would've waited ti file if it would have been any better.

This is what sucks about everyone doing their taxes at the same time. It's like its just too much for the system to handle.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 6, 2016 at 3:49 AM
I havnt done mine yet as I had to do a change of address so I'm still waiting for my w2. There can never be a year when taxes go smoothly. I always download the irs2go app to check on the refund suppose that was pointless since it's down lol.

Quoting Anonymous 3: There's always something. Told dh I was doing ours tonight and he said wait a week because its not secure currently. Happened last year. I'm doing mine on Tuesday lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 6, 2016 at 3:50 AM
Ah. Well good thing we don't depend on the refund like some do and we have til April to file lol

Quoting Anonymous 1: They aren't accepting anymore right now. Last I herd anyway.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 6, 2016 at 3:50 AM
Until they fix it?

Quoting Anonymous 1: They aren't accepting anymore right now. Last I herd anyway.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)