Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sorry for being disloyal to the family but I just don't care

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 28 Replies
2 moms liked this
A few weeks ago 3 of my nephews got into some. Trouble... They broke into someone's house and went to jail.. And now the family is asking me to help pitch in for a lawyer... ABSOLUTELY NOT!!! Family or not idgaf!!! People work hard for their things and for them to just go into someone's house and rob them is my ok with me... I want no parts of it... Every one is pissed at me saying how everyone makes mistakes and get in trouble when they're young soo I shouldn't be soo hard on them.. But I don't care, it wasn't a mistake it was a premeditated choice and they need to take responsibility... My grandma is pissed at me and my aunts are not talking to me,things were soo awkward on Sunday at our dinner and everyone got pissed when I picked my DD up and left because I felt uncomfortable ( they kept talking about the dang case)... im just not sure why they're pissed at me... If you guys want to support them then go ahead I'm not mad at anyone, I'm just not condoning foolishness.. I'm not the only one in this family with a college degree and a good job, between all of them I'm sure they'll be able to find a great lawyer!! I'm just not helping
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2016 at 4:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 6, 2016 at 4:19 AM
I wouldn't EITHER!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 6, 2016 at 4:20 AM
I wouldn't either. Hell no.
Pooh_ki
by on Feb. 6, 2016 at 4:21 AM

Hope you remember that when your kid gets in trouble. Do nothing for her and let her rot. It's the same thing and they'll remind you.

143myboys9496
by Ruby Member on Feb. 6, 2016 at 5:24 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't blame you. 

SylviaNCali
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2016 at 5:39 AM

I'd do the same. 

Snakecharm
by Ruby Member on Feb. 6, 2016 at 5:49 AM
2 moms liked this
I would go either. I'll love my nephews forever, but never enable that kind of behavior.
geeez
by Baroness on Feb. 6, 2016 at 5:54 AM
I would do the same....
SAHMJC
by Emerald Member on Feb. 6, 2016 at 7:01 AM
If they were caught in the act I don't really know what family thinks a lawyers going to do anyway. In criminal cases usually a lawyer's job is to cast a shadow of doubt that the defendants are guilty. But if they were caught red handed there is no shadow to be cast, they are guilty. A lawyer might be able to find a way to fluffy it up a little bit but it's really not going to change the outcome. Why should you spend your hard earned money trying to downplay what they did? I might even talk to the family about that. Tell them that if they really want to help them instead of wasting money on an attorney that's not going to change anything and shouldn't change anything because they're so obviously guilty how about start saving up money so when they get out of jail they can help them.

the bank said it is a big thing in your family. So I would understand the morning to talk about what's going on. For me and the line would be drawn at them asking me or continuing to nag me about providing money to help.
mrsmom110
by NO on Feb. 6, 2016 at 7:04 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't think it's right for them to expect you to chip in for a lawyer.  If they can't afford one, that's what public defenders are for.  If they are so supportive of these kids, then why doesn't someone mortgage their home? Huge leap of faith on their part, but if they believe in these boys, then they can put up or shut up.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 6, 2016 at 7:12 AM

I don't blame you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)