Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Twins?! Anyone had this happen??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies
I am 8 weeks. I went to get an ultrasound yesterday to see just how far along I am. The ultrasound tech was doing a regular ultrasound on my belly and said, "Do twins run in your family?" I say, "um..yeah..Why?" And she said, "I'm pretty sure I see two in this sac. Let's do a vaginal ultrasound to be sure." Then after doing a vaginal ultrasound she said there was only one. Could there still be two or?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2016 at 8:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 6, 2016 at 8:50 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 6, 2016 at 10:33 AM
Bump
answeredprayer
by Platinum Member on Feb. 6, 2016 at 10:35 AM
I have no clue. My friends that had twins found out at 6 weeks and one at 12 weeks because that was her first u/s. Congrats and let us know if it changes.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 6, 2016 at 10:36 AM
Hmm Idk. I think it would be easier to tell once you're farther along. I did know someone who was supposed to be twins but weren't. They were born late 70s or early 80s though.
maminka-4
by on Feb. 6, 2016 at 10:48 AM
I found out I was having twins at 7 weeks. The dr noticed the sac looked like the number 8. He asked if I had taken fertility drugs for the pregnancy and I said no. He wasn't my OB. He was a dr in the ER. I had gone to the ER for a high heart rate. I was diagnosed with SVT, high heart rate brought on by stress or too much caffeine. The dr was doing an ultrasound because when I went in, I said that I was pregnant and my heart was beating really fast. They gave me drugs to bring down my heart rate which didn't work. The dr wanted to do an ultrasound to see how the baby was doing.

I saw my regular OB the following Tuesday and by that time, the sacs had separated.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 6, 2016 at 3:44 PM
Bump
bob.the.minion
by 🍌bababa baba nana on Feb. 6, 2016 at 3:47 PM
My first ultrasound had 2 heartbeats and 3 sacs. My vaginal ultrasound showed only one baby. I only gave birth to one baby.

Look up disappearing twin syndrome.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)