Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Still havent bought my first house

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 47 Replies
And probably won't until I'm 50, at earliest. I feel like I'm so far behind my peers, who mostly are on their first house at least, some on their 2nd.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2016 at 9:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mom2Boys9501
by Platinum Member on Feb. 6, 2016 at 9:27 AM
I feel that way sometimes too.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 6, 2016 at 9:29 AM
Why? Buying a house ant all that special and I have 2 of them.
TisHerself
by Platinum Member on Feb. 6, 2016 at 9:29 AM
1 mom liked this

How old are you? Do you live in a high COL area? 

Most importantly, are you happy with other aspects of your life (family, career, etc)? If so, try to remember, owning a house isn't the only barometer of success. 

brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Feb. 6, 2016 at 9:30 AM
2 moms liked this

IDK why everyone is in a hurry to get a mortgage. I owned 2 houses in my 1st marriage and they were a pain in the ass to maintain and pay off.

This marriage we live a completely different lifestyle and we are saving to build our dream house. No loans. No mortgage.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 6, 2016 at 9:31 AM
We just got started... We are 31. It's our plan to buy this year.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 6, 2016 at 9:32 AM

I was in my early 30's before we owned a house.

It will come to you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 6, 2016 at 9:33 AM
I'm 43. Starting a new career next year, when daycare won't be an issue. COL is on the high side. I keep thinking that we're going to be screwed when we retire if we still have to pay rent/mortgage. Figured I'd be living in a paid off home by then but now that will be difficult.

Quoting TisHerself:

Most importantly, are you happy with other aspects of your life (family, career, etc)? If so, try to remember, owning a house isn't the only barometer of success. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 6, 2016 at 9:33 AM
Pretty much this.

We will probably purchase when we are 50 also but by then we will have steuaght cash.

I want a speocifc type of home which means we will have to build plus I want land

Quoting brettsmomma:

IDK why everyone is in a hurry to get a mortgage. I owned 2 houses in my 1st marriage and they were a pain in the ass to maintain and pay off.

This marriage we live a completely different lifestyle and we are saving to build our dream house. No loans. No mortgage.

eyes4ears
by Sapphire Member on Feb. 6, 2016 at 9:34 AM
you can buy a house now, most times it's cheaper than rent.
SaigeMarie
by on Feb. 6, 2016 at 9:35 AM
1 mom liked this
Love this answer.

Be thankful you have a roof over your head, food in your tummy, good health and a wonderful family.

Quoting TisHerself:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)