Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

*stomps foot* but I really wanted to buy it

Posted by on Feb. 6, 2016 at 9:29 AM
  • 16 Replies
I hate my credit union. It used to be wonderful, I was treated as a real person instead of a number. The call center was not only here in the US but LOCAL! I spoke to people at the main office about 45 minutes up the road from me. It was nice.

Then they decided to expand and expand and expand and now instead of being in just a few counties in the area they are apparently up as far as Dallas and their customer service is beyond lacking.

I have been having problems with the bank denying my online bills or shopping but only since October. Whether it's the gap.com or Comcast I'll get a pop up that my card has been declined.

I call and call and get different excuses from a glitch to you entered the pin on the back wrong to surely you didn't have enough money to cover the transaction to you entered the wrong zip code to oh it's the merchants fault.....every time I called I got someone from India whos accent was so strong it was hard to understand.

Ohh and I was told the only way to prevent something being declined would be to call the bank before EVERY TRANSACTION. I'm sorry but I pay all of my bills online and I do a lot of online shopping, I'm not waiting on hold for hours on end each and every time. That's unreasonable.

Finally finally finally got a direct number to a local guy who is bound and determined to help. Said he researched my account and can see my card was declined erroneously 27 times since October (most were when say Comcast declined I'd try again and then again and sometimes 4 times before giving up)

He said that was unacceptable and said that visa would tell them to issue me a new card and he felt that was the best course of action.

Although I didn't want to because it means going in and changing my stored info across various places I said ok.

Today the first day I tried to make an online purchase at the gap, just 75 dollars worth. Declined. Twice.

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK *deep breath* FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 6, 2016 at 9:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Molz09
by Platinum Member on Feb. 6, 2016 at 9:32 AM
I would have switched banks a long time ago.... Screw that noise.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 6, 2016 at 9:33 AM
So, switch banks. Why some of you on here act like helpless animals, is beyond me. No way I would put up with that for so long.
Melissa_4
by Navy Mom on Feb. 6, 2016 at 9:34 AM

Time to switch banks.

SergeantSausage
by Ruby Member on Feb. 6, 2016 at 9:34 AM
At this point, it's on you for continuing to put up with it. I would have switched banks a long time ago.
Roxygurl
by Sapphire Member on Feb. 6, 2016 at 9:35 AM
That's the plan now, I will give Mr Jason one last chance Monday morning to straighten it out and then I'm moving on. I've had an account with this CU for 10 years and this is the first time I've had problems so I've tried working with them. I can't much longer.

Quoting Molz09: I would have switched banks a long time ago.... Screw that noise.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
victoriangavin
by Gold Member on Feb. 6, 2016 at 9:37 AM
My card was bad about that and it was from a local bank. The ATM machine kept saying the card was invalid. I got a new card and no more issues.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 6, 2016 at 9:37 AM
New bank. I've banked with southwest since I was 16 and love them. I don't know if they're by you though. They're in a few places in Fort Worth and Dallas. They've grown since I've been with them, but customer service has never failed. It's only gotten better.
Roxygurl
by Sapphire Member on Feb. 6, 2016 at 9:37 AM
I figured it was growing pains and since the time frame coincided with the new laws about chips in debit/credit cards I knew it was connected to that. I've been with this CU for 10 years and this is the first time I've had problems with them, figured I could be loyal up to a point.

Quoting Anonymous 1: So, switch banks. Why some of you on here act like helpless animals, is beyond me. No way I would put up with that for so long.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Roxygurl
by Sapphire Member on Feb. 6, 2016 at 9:38 AM
I was assured replacing the cards would fix the problem....now that it hasn't I am on the look out for a new credit union.

Quoting SergeantSausage: At this point, it's on you for continuing to put up with it. I would have switched banks a long time ago.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eyes4ears
by Sapphire Member on Feb. 6, 2016 at 9:39 AM
Getting a new card was my first thought.
Get another bank. Sorry.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)