Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It's not your grandbaby!

Posted by on Feb. 6, 2016 at 11:35 AM
  • 45 Replies
XDH and I had two kids while we were married. They go to his house every weekend. But he lives above his parents so they (my former in laws) know everything that my kids tell him.

I got remarried this past year and am now expecting a baby in August. My kids are super excited. But my former in laws are peppering me and my kids about my pregnancy. When I asked why they said, "they're excited too." I get it but it's not your grandbaby! You will get info on a need to know basis. That's it. If I wanted to share info with you, I would. Quit calling and asking. And quit asking my kids about my pregnancy. They're only 5 & 6. I don't tell them everything because they wouldn't understand. It's frustrating as hell...
by on Feb. 6, 2016 at 11:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 6, 2016 at 11:37 AM
10 moms liked this
I get it's frustrating but it's nice that they are showing an interest in their grandkids sibling. They sound like good people
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 6, 2016 at 11:39 AM
1 mom liked this
Agree.

Congrats, OP.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I get it's frustrating but it's nice that they are showing an interest in their grandkids sibling. They sound like good people
handy0318
by Ruby Member on Feb. 6, 2016 at 11:41 AM
4 moms liked this

I would want my childrens' grandparents to treat a new baby just like the siblings. Don't set it up so that this baby feels like s/he isn't loved the same as your other kids. Just don't do that. The more loving adults that a child has in their life, the better.

TotallyWarped
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2016 at 11:41 AM
They sre. But it's not just annoying me. It's annoying my DH too. Because even his parents aren't as nosey as they're being. And it IS their grandbaby!

Quoting Anonymous 2: Agree.

Congrats, OP.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I get it's frustrating but it's nice that they are showing an interest in their grandkids sibling. They sound like good people
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 6, 2016 at 11:43 AM
5 moms liked this
Oh no two more people to love a baby. Such horror, they should be shot and quartered.
Uzma_mom_of_2
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2016 at 11:44 AM
1 mom liked this
Would you rather they snub the real grand kids half sibling?

I mean it is annoying but I think it would be better to let them love on the new baby and show interest.
TotallyWarped
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2016 at 11:44 AM
They'll never see my new baby. Or rarely...

Quoting handy0318:

I would want my childrens' grandparents to treat a new baby just like the siblings. Don't set it up so that this baby feels like s/he isn't loved the same as your other kids. Just don't do that. The more loving adults that a child has in their life, the better.

Ted1242
by I'm listening. on Feb. 6, 2016 at 11:47 AM
1 mom liked this
The horror.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Oh no two more people to love a baby. Such horror, they should be shot and quartered.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 6, 2016 at 11:51 AM
2 moms liked this

Good lord. And if your kids brought the baby up to them and they said they didn't give a shit because that baby was nothing to them you'd be pissed too. I doubt it is really as bad as you make it seem. Sounds like everything they do annoys you.

TotallyWarped
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2016 at 11:51 AM
I'm okay with them showing interest. I'm not okay with them asking annoying questions almost every day and calling me all the time.

XMIL even went so far as to ask if she would be allowed in the hospital waiting room during labor. I'm like, "ah no. My new MIL and FIL will be there and that's not appropriate."

Quoting Uzma_mom_of_2: Would you rather they snub the real grand kids half sibling?

I mean it is annoying but I think it would be better to let them love on the new baby and show interest.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)