Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can i look any worse! (pics)

Posted by on Feb. 6, 2016 at 12:29 PM
  • 34 Replies

We went out to eat yesterday at a nce resturant. I got some chicken carbonara. It was delish but after I got home I started to see my face swel, my skin started to burn and i was titchy everywhere..

I look like hitch

and whats even more is that I am taking a shit ton of benedryl to keep some of the reaction at bay.. so now im sleepy and keep dozing off at work.

BEFORE

AFTER:

The skin on my face actually feels like its burning .. like the worst case of suburn.. Sexy isnt it.

by on Feb. 6, 2016 at 12:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 6, 2016 at 12:32 PM
Aww. That sucks. Hope you feel better soon. Do you have Zyrtec or something similar. When I had an allergic reaction my doctor had me take benadryl and Allegra. I had hives for weeks. -_-
notjstasocermom
by Sapphire Member on Feb. 6, 2016 at 12:33 PM
Did you know you were allergic to something in it?
SRUsarahSC
by Ruby Member on Feb. 6, 2016 at 12:36 PM

My husband keeps reacting like that to something and we can't figure out what.  I think it's something in his patrol car because it always happens during his second shift in a row. Keep dosing yourself and try and try an oatmeal mask!

2lilanklebiters
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2016 at 12:37 PM

no i am allergic to a preservative .. I dont know what foods have it until i eatthem and then get a reaction.

Quoting notjstasocermom: Did you know you were allergic to something in it?

evelynolivesmom
by Platinum Member on Feb. 6, 2016 at 12:38 PM

You poor thing, you look miserable.

2lilanklebiters
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2016 at 12:42 PM

It took me many years to realize that i am allergic to a preservative. I cant have anything made by Hunt's brand. Its a pain in the ass. At home, i know already which of my staple foods I can eat with out reacting.. but when we go out to ear, theres no teling if the preservative is in there

Quoting SRUsarahSC:

My husband keeps reacting like that to something and we can't figure out what.  I think it's something in his patrol car because it always happens during his second shift in a row. Keep dosing yourself and try and try an oatmeal mask!

2lilanklebiters
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2016 at 12:44 PM

i am

I cant even youch my face.. especially my eyes

Quoting evelynolivesmom:

2lilanklebiters
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2016 at 12:51 PM

i keep taking the benadryl, but now im at work and sloppy because im so tired. The worst part of this is my tongue its so swolen and i keep biting it.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Aww. That sucks. Hope you feel better soon. Do you have Zyrtec or something similar. When I had an allergic reaction my doctor had me take benadryl and Allegra. I had hives for weeks. -_-

evelynolivesmom
by Platinum Member on Feb. 6, 2016 at 12:54 PM

Why are you at work?

Quoting 2lilanklebiters:

i am

I cant even youch my face.. especially my eyes

Quoting evelynolivesmom:

notjstasocermom
by Sapphire Member on Feb. 6, 2016 at 12:56 PM
Aww that sucks, have you visited an allergist

Quoting 2lilanklebiters:

no i am allergic to a preservative .. I dont know what foods have it until i eatthem and then get a reaction.

Quoting notjstasocermom: Did you know you were allergic to something in it?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)