Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Trying to be a Better Mom

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 3 Replies
So I'm working through my failings as a mom. One of them is riding their butts to get things done in the time frame I see fit.

I gave my 8 yr old today to get things done that have been backsliding all week. She wants to play with her cousin today and was told that wont be worked out until the work is done.

My failing is leaving it at that instead of pushing to get it done. She's currently sitting on her butt and I would normally prod her along until the work was done.

Any advice yo help me stick to the new plan?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2016 at 12:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
hip2it
by Gold Member on Feb. 6, 2016 at 12:48 PM
My kids have a set list of chores, color coded by day so it's not one kid doing the dishes all the time, etc. They know to look at the list and get things done. I don't remind them. When they want to go somewhere or whatever I ask if their stuff is done. If it's not, they don't go. It's that simple. They're 7, 10, and 12.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 6, 2016 at 12:51 PM
We do too. Activities and homework this week through a kink so the bedroom didn't get tidied and now needs about 30min of cleaning. That added to normal chores and a load of laundry means shes facing about an hour total. 3 hours later....stil facing an hour total.

Quoting hip2it: My kids have a set list of chores, color coded by day so it's not one kid doing the dishes all the time, etc. They know to look at the list and get things done. I don't remind them. When they want to go somewhere or whatever I ask if their stuff is done. If it's not, they don't go. It's that simple. They're 7, 10, and 12.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 6, 2016 at 1:24 PM
Bump
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)