Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ugh...I'm annoyed with DH. Edit :)

Posted by on Feb. 6, 2016 at 1:53 PM
  • 36 Replies

There is a regatta today with lots of family fun type of stuff on the waterfront a couple of blocks away. The plan was to close the restaurant at 12:30 and attend as a family. Almost 2:00, and he hasn't closed. 95% of the town's population is AT the regatta, not in the restaurant. I want to go, and it bugs me that he said one thing and did another. Now, we won't get there until after all the good races are done, and there is really no point...BUT the kids are excited, too, so there really is no backing out even though the good stuff is over. 

Not really a big deal, I know. Just annoying as fucking hell. 

Edit: Yes, I could take them by myself, but fun with the family was the plan, not stress for mom by herself in a large crowd. Second, my husband is great, but I'm still allowed to be annoyed by things. The restaurant didn't slow as much as they thought it would, so they didn't close. Finally, I'm really not as upset as some seem to think, just annoyed. And the weather turned, so nobody is going now. 

A big thanks to those who had to make a small rant into something it's not. You are TRUE CMers. You make this place the great place I keep coming back to! 

by on Feb. 6, 2016 at 1:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 6, 2016 at 1:55 PM
2 moms liked this

Take the kids and go without him. 

Pukalani79
by Gold Member on Feb. 6, 2016 at 1:56 PM
Couldn't you have gone without him and have him meet you?
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Feb. 6, 2016 at 1:57 PM
WHY DONT YOU TAKE THE KIDS AND GO. TELL DH TO MEET YOU
Slick_Shoes
by Data on Feb. 6, 2016 at 1:59 PM

I could, but it is a huge crowd and I really don't want to have to deal with all three boys (plus the drunk and disorderlies that I'm sure will be there). My oldest also has autism and crowds can be challenging so it is usually one of us with him and the other keeping an eye on the others. 

Quoting Pukalani79: Couldn't you have gone without him and have him meet you?

Slick_Shoes
by Data on Feb. 6, 2016 at 2:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Check the reply above :) 

Quoting Sassy762: WHY DONT YOU TAKE THE KIDS AND GO. TELL DH TO MEET YOU

AmaliaD
by Ruby Member on Feb. 6, 2016 at 2:00 PM
Go without him
DragonGirl319
by on Feb. 6, 2016 at 2:01 PM
Yeah just go without him.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 6, 2016 at 2:01 PM
My husband does the same.
Nice_Dragon
by Platinum Member on Feb. 6, 2016 at 2:05 PM
1 mom liked this
I feel ya, The plan was to go as a family not be taking all the kids out yourself.

DH makes me late for everything and half the time I do leave with out him. It makes doing things less fun.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 6, 2016 at 2:05 PM
Wah
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)