Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

As a parent I will never... Add yours

Posted by on Feb. 6, 2016 at 2:20 PM
  • 18 Replies
"I will never allow toys in my living room." I always said toys would be allowed in the family room/play room. Now I have a box of toys for each kid in the living room (no more than that though. Anything else goes downstairs. What is something you thought you'd never allow but realize now as a parent it's not a big deal?
by on Feb. 6, 2016 at 2:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
zeenah
by Zarah on Feb. 6, 2016 at 2:22 PM
1 mom liked this

I was pretty open to things. I just said I would never be like my parents and I'm not. 

Alicia_Griffin
by Alicia on Feb. 6, 2016 at 2:22 PM
Pretty much the same as you with all the toys. Now they're taking over my house
janedoe13
by boxerdog lover on Feb. 6, 2016 at 2:24 PM

before i ever had thought of having kids i had always told myself that i would never buy my kids bunk beds. now our ods has a bunk bed. 

blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Feb. 6, 2016 at 2:28 PM
As a parent I'll NEVER disown my child! My love is unconditional.

I've seen so many posts about moms disowning their kids over stuff ranging from dating out of your race, coming out gay or becoming sexually active. Just to name a few..

Oh and I'm a Christian. I may not always agree with things my son does or says but I'll love him no differently.
lunabella79
by Ruby Member on Feb. 6, 2016 at 2:29 PM
2 moms liked this
I will never say "I will never" :)
Spare.Time
by on Feb. 6, 2016 at 2:37 PM

For me it was I would never force my kids to eat anything they didn't want to eat.  And I've been 100% successful with that.  I've never made food a battle and I've never let them go hungry.  A big big win for me.

audmom1218
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2016 at 2:47 PM
I'm the same on that. I don't fight food battles either. My family will scold my Dd (4) for not eating supper, but she's not a big supper kid. She eats a huge breakfast, toddler -sized lunch and maybe two bites of dinner. She doesn't beg for treats or dessert after so I just go with it and let her listen to her own appetite.

Quoting Spare.Time:

For me it was I would never force my kids to eat anything they didn't want to eat.  And I've been 100% successful with that.  I've never made food a battle and I've never let them go hungry.  A big big win for me.

lapcounter
by Race Mom on Feb. 6, 2016 at 2:49 PM
This.

Quoting blsdbyangel07: As a parent I'll NEVER disown my child! My love is unconditional.

I've seen so many posts about moms disowning their kids over stuff ranging from dating out of your race, coming out gay or becoming sexually active. Just to name a few..

Oh and I'm a Christian. I may not always agree with things my son does or says but I'll love him no differently.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
redneckmama4
by Loree on Feb. 6, 2016 at 2:49 PM
Never say never lol!
Barronbaby
by Brandi on Feb. 6, 2016 at 2:51 PM
Never say never!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)