Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

yay!!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
1 mom liked this

Just got our letter that we're approved for food stamps and medical assistance!!!!  I've already promised my husband that I will not cook pancakes, any type of pasta, rice and beans, or eggs for dinner for at least  the next 2 months  : )

So glad I get to restock the pantry and I can't wait to feed my kids healthy food again--salad!, fresh veggies!, fish that was not drained and scraped out of a can!

Husband is applying for SSDI on the advice of his doctor by the way, and yes, I work 2 part-time jobs in addition to taking care of my husband and 2 kids, one of the kids is sn.  While I am not proud that this is my life, I am happy that our quality of life is improving.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2016 at 4:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 6, 2016 at 4:17 PM
Congrats on your food stamps.
janedoe13
by boxerdog lover on Feb. 6, 2016 at 4:19 PM

um congratulations. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 6, 2016 at 4:19 PM

Mobile Photo

Salut123
by Ruby Member on Feb. 6, 2016 at 4:19 PM
Best of luck
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 6, 2016 at 4:20 PM
I'm glad things will get better and at least a little easier for you guys. Gotta do what ya gotta do. What do you plan on making for dinner?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 6, 2016 at 4:24 PM

We didn't get the card yet, so all I've got is some ground turkey in the fridge to use in meat and rice or I could make tuna noodle casserole if I make some homemade noodles.

Quoting Anonymous 4: I'm glad things will get better and at least a little easier for you guys. Gotta do what ya gotta do. What do you plan on making for dinner?

ayacocca
by Lioness on Feb. 6, 2016 at 4:26 PM
I'm sure that this is a relief for you guys.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 6, 2016 at 5:02 PM
Happy to hear your financial situation is getting better. Foodstamps help a lot when you're down to nothing. Glad to hear about the health insurance was approved as well.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 6, 2016 at 7:29 PM
I meant for like your first meal when you don't have to worry as much :)

Quoting Anonymous 1:

We didn't get the card yet, so all I've got is some ground turkey in the fridge to use in meat and rice or I could make tuna noodle casserole if I make some homemade noodles.

Quoting Anonymous 4: I'm glad things will get better and at least a little easier for you guys. Gotta do what ya gotta do. What do you plan on making for dinner?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 6, 2016 at 7:42 PM

Not sure, maybe steak and lobster?

Just kidding  : )

whatever meat is on sale.  It feels like it's been forever since we ate meat that wasn't ground turkey or from a can.  We definitely need some iron and b12 in our diets.  We'll probably get the card next week, if we get it before the sale ends I can get a pork tenderloin for $1.88/lb and make a pork roast, then I can shred the leftovers for pulled pork sandwiches.  My husband has requested asparagus.  I haven't thought farther than that though. 

Quoting Anonymous 4: I meant for like your first meal when you don't have to worry as much :)
Quoting Anonymous 1:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)