Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Lying MIL

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 2 Replies

2 weeks ago I made plans with my mil to visit her and bring her grand kids. She lives with her husband and 3 other grandkids. Not my kids. They are my SIL kids. So yesterday I text her and say we are still coming. She says ok sounds good. This was at 1pm. So at 930pm I get a text from her saying that she has to cancel. She says that her husband has been sick for the last 4 days and she thinks that her and one of the grandkids are getting sick too. Do you think she is lying? Why say that we can come then hours later cancel? Esp if her husband has been sick and she knew that. Sounds kinda fishy to me. My husband tells me to forget about her but i'm trying to give her the benefit of the doubt.

This is the second time she has cancelled. The first time was cause she said she was going to NC to look at houses. Last time I saw her was 6 years ago. We are not that close but do get along.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2016 at 4:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Talkingheads
by Emerald Member on Feb. 6, 2016 at 4:26 PM

Something just came up either sickness or someething els. Don't give her any headspace

DallasCowboys81
by Don't live in Texas! on Feb. 6, 2016 at 4:34 PM
I don't know if she's lying or not. Maybe she was hoping her dh would feel better, then if one of the other kids caught it, she is trying to a save you the heartache of it going through your family as well.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)