Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Seroquel is awful :(

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 47 Replies

I've taken a low dose for sleep several times but after last night I'm so done with it. I have been in a fog/hangover all day. It just will not wear off. The only sleep meds that really help me sleep aren't worth it; I feel terrible the next day. Any experiences with Seroquel or similar meds? I know, though, that everyone responds differently to certain medications.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2016 at 5:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 6, 2016 at 5:02 PM
Are you on short acting or xr?
mama_danetta
by She's so heavy on Feb. 6, 2016 at 5:03 PM
When I took seroquel I gained a lot of weight. I wouldn't think that would be a go to med for sleep problems.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 6, 2016 at 5:04 PM

Short acting but I've felt awful all day

Quoting Anonymous 2: Are you on short acting or xr?

cynnie22
by Ruby Member on Feb. 6, 2016 at 5:04 PM
1 mom liked this
I work in the mental health field and I would say 95 percent or more of my clients love seroquel.
Try a smaller dosage. Or maybe just melatonin?
ccoyle4
by Gold Member on Feb. 6, 2016 at 5:05 PM
I took seroquel for 1 month. I decided I didn't like the way it made me feel and just stopped taking it. I didn't wean myself and had TERRIBLE withdrawal.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 6, 2016 at 5:07 PM
That sucks see xr did that to me. Short acting works great. Have your tried abian(sp).

Quoting Anonymous 1:

meliec3
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2016 at 5:12 PM
I almost died from taking that. Dr wouldn't listen to me when I told her it made me feel funny. After 4 days I had to be rushed to the hospital via ambulance because I was having a severe allergic reaction to it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 6, 2016 at 5:14 PM
1 mom liked this

I think it works on mood more at higher doses but I'm taking a low dose (50 mg) for sleep, which is very sedating. I feel like a zombie...I did sleep, though.

Quoting cynnie22: I work in the mental health field and I would say 95 percent or more of my clients love seroquel. Try a smaller dosage. Or maybe just melatonin?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 6, 2016 at 5:16 PM

Ambien made me very forgetful the next day. It was bad. I also have Lunesta but I don't get such a great sleep with it. I wish I could sleep like a normal person:(

Quoting Anonymous 2: That sucks see xr did that to me. Short acting works great. Have your tried abian(sp).
Quoting Anonymous 1:

curvygurl1912
by on Feb. 6, 2016 at 5:16 PM
1 mom liked this
Seroquel was hell for me. I was a zombie 24/7 until I stopped taking it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)