Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Liar Liar

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies
What do you do with a husband that lies all the time? I think he even believes his own lies. When I confront him he will deny it to the death and always blame it on a misunderstanding. But the fact is, he's a liar. Not a very good one but a liar just the same. What can I do to get him to stop? It's always about little things. As far as I know.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2016 at 8:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Gianna2014
by Ruby Member on Feb. 6, 2016 at 9:00 PM

I don't think there is anything you can do to make him change, that has to come from within.

The only choice you have is whether or not you want to stayed married to a liar.

sammichmaker
by soup sandwich on Feb. 6, 2016 at 9:01 PM
1 mom liked this

I have never met a pathological liar who has changed. Ever. I feel it's in their nature. I'm not saying it's impossible, just I haven't met one. 

Pink.Sunshine
by Petty Princess on Feb. 6, 2016 at 9:03 PM

I couldn't stay with a liar.

maybebaby83
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2016 at 9:03 PM

leave now!! I couldn't handle that crap. It will never end. Some people are just F-ed up like that!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 6, 2016 at 9:04 PM
Nothing. It's built in. He won't stop and there is nothing you can do to help.
Ted1242
by I'm listening. on Feb. 6, 2016 at 9:05 PM
I'd leave. I couldn't live like that.
curvygurl1912
by on Feb. 6, 2016 at 9:07 PM
1 mom liked this
I refuse to have close relationships with compulsive liars. I only have to so much emotional energy to give, so I am choosy in who I invest it
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 6, 2016 at 9:13 PM
There's nothing you can do. My BM was/is a pathological liar, I would say at least 98% of everything that came out of her mouth was pure bullshit and she either believed it or was really good at faking that she believed it to be the truth.

She's been that way since she was 13 years old (that's when my grandparents and aunt really started to notice), she's now 45 years old and nothing as changed...if anything it has only gotten worse as the years have gone by.

What you have to decide is if it's something you can deal with in the long run because it is a trait your children will eventually pick up, my brother and sister lie like you wouldn't believe. Sometimes about the stupidest things ever! For me, I learned to lie from the best but it's something that I choose not to do.
ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Feb. 6, 2016 at 9:15 PM

They don't stop

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)