Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DD16 got married behind my back....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 168 Replies

Not only that but she is pregnant. I honestly don't know which one is worse. Her being pregnant or her getting married because she can. 

I came home to find her packing up her stuff. I asked what was going on and she told me she had gotten married and I was going to be a grandma. 

I had no clue that they even let that happen but all she had to do was show that she was pregnant. Her "boyfriend" er.. husband just turned 18. (She is almost 17 so only just over a year difference) which is why any of it could be done. 

I just cant believe it all. I thought she was a good kid. I thought she had her head on straight. How could she be so fucking stupid?

I live in Georiga. All she had to do was show them proof of pregnancy 

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2016 at 9:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 6, 2016 at 9:17 PM
That is so sad. She probably ruined her life but at that age you can't tell them anything. I'd be livid.
lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Feb. 6, 2016 at 9:17 PM
2 moms liked this

thats horrible. Be supportive she is going to need you now more than ever.

curvygurl1912
by on Feb. 6, 2016 at 9:17 PM
How could you not know what is going on with your child?
Oh, you live under a bridge, got it
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 6, 2016 at 9:18 PM

I thought I did. I thought we had a good relationship where we could talk and be open and honest with each other. It was clearly all a lie on her part 

Quoting curvygurl1912: How could you not know what is going on with your child? Oh, you live under a bridge, got it

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 6, 2016 at 9:18 PM

If you show proof of pregnancy 

Quoting KtyKat757:

You can get married at 16 without parental concent?

MamaSteph05
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2016 at 9:19 PM

Where are you that allows that because in the US you have to be at least 18 (19 in Nebraska and 21 in Mississippi) to get married without parental consent.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 6, 2016 at 9:19 PM
1 mom liked this
If she's stupid for getting married at 16 then you've failed as a parent. At least she did the responsible thing and married the father unlike the majority of teen mothers.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 6, 2016 at 9:19 PM

I live in Georgia 

Quoting MamaSteph05:

Where are you that allows that because in the US you have to be at least 18 (19 in Nebraska and 21 in Mississippi) to get married without parental consent.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 6, 2016 at 9:19 PM

That makes no sense. Demand the licence. She is a minor and would need your legal signature. I was 17 and my DH was 24 when we got married. My mom had to go to the court house and sign papers for it to happen. I was not pregnant, but wanted out.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 6, 2016 at 9:20 PM
6 moms liked this

Marrying the father is not automatically the responsible thing. 

Quoting Anonymous 3: If she's stupid for getting married at 16 then you've failed as a parent. At least she did the responsible thing and married the father unlike the majority of teen mothers.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)