Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ugh! This is twice now...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
One of my best friends is a guy. I actually met him through DH a couple years ago. We just click, there's no attraction but we can talk for hours about random shit and I just love him to pieces. He's like my little brother. He got with this girl about a year ago and she's super jealous. Not necessarily of me but of like every woman that even looks my friends way. When he was single he was over here every other week and he stayed with us at least two weekends a month. His gf put a stop to that which is whatever but it sucks.

Last weekend they were supposed to come out, both of them. So I made a huge dinner that took all day, then at the last minute they canceled. According to him she threw a fit and that's why. Ok whatever, I don't care. Then he texted me and made plans to come up this evening with a mutual friend. They're in a band together and they were coming up after practice. Again I make a huge dinner and again he no shows! I'm like wtf dude? That's alright though our other friend came and I unloaded 2 tons of leftovers on him to take back to his wife.

Idk if this girl was throwing a fit this time but it's stupid. I'm happily married and I just had a baby, trust me I'm not stealing your man. Should I try to talk to her about it??
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2016 at 10:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
paxtonsunny
by Gold Member on Feb. 6, 2016 at 10:09 PM
No. It's really none of your business. It's his girlfriend and it's for him to handle, not you. I am sure he will get sick of her actions sooner or later.
two4one
by Ruby Member on Feb. 6, 2016 at 10:14 PM
No. The fact is, he may eventually want her in his life more than you. If she wants him to cut ties with you, he will. Sucks but it happens. Stay out of their relationship and hope he stays your friend.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 6, 2016 at 10:18 PM
No, tell him to stop cancelling, or don't bother making plans. Talking to her will only piss them both off, she may not even be the cause, just the person you're choosing to blame.
Gianna2014
by Ruby Member on Feb. 6, 2016 at 10:18 PM

I lost my best guy friend because of his new gf. It was a few years ago and our 12 year friendship was reduced to FB friend status and I still get a text on my bday. I never confronted her, I always tried to include her, but he eventually ghosted me out. Not much you can do.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 6, 2016 at 10:20 PM
Back off and let it be. He will either decide he doesn't like her rules, or he'll decide he does.
shoot4thestars
by Gold Member on Feb. 6, 2016 at 10:20 PM
No. I wouldn't agree to make anymore dinners though.
shell3m
by Shell on Feb. 6, 2016 at 10:23 PM
Do not.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 6, 2016 at 10:23 PM
DH was pissed so I'm sure he let him have it for canceling again. I didn't even answer his text when he canceled so he was talking to DH. Not sure what was said or if he even gave a reason this time. DH is in the garage with the one of the two friends who showed up.

Quoting Anonymous 2: No, tell him to stop cancelling, or don't bother making plans. Talking to her will only piss them both off, she may not even be the cause, just the person you're choosing to blame.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 6, 2016 at 10:25 PM

Nah, stay out of it. And I hate that. We had a male roommate and he got a boyfriend. Before he was my best friend and I could talk to him about anything. His jealous bf ruined our relationship. I had to just let it go. Thankfully they broke up eventually because he figured out what a selfish asshole this guy was but it wasn't recoverable friendship after that. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 6, 2016 at 10:25 PM
Definitely not going to.

Quoting shoot4thestars: No. I wouldn't agree to make anymore dinners though.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)